Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Someone please tell me why I had to select an f150 for the option to make it work? Lol SYNC working now.
What does SYNC do with a aftermarket unit? I'm getting the metra kit but can't think of what I would use sync for since the new HU will have bluetooth built in. Got my system ordered over the weekend. Going Kenwood 7704. Really tempted to get that dash cam too that goes with it. Really looks slick. Getting a alpin pdx v9 amp and Focal ps165v1 speakers. Running a JL 12w3 sub in jl box that I had from my previous car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
any updates from those using one of these two units?

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
I've hast he Schosche since February and so far the only issue is the HVAC screen not coming on until I pull the negative terminal from the battery for ~10 seconds. This has happened twice and both times were after I washed the car. Not sure how that could make a difference to the electronics inside.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
just curious, did you do your install leaving the sync system in place? that sounds like it could be sync freezing? which itself is very common.

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It sure would be nice to see some pictures of peoples installs...

Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sure would be nice to see some pictures of peoples installs...
I'm getting the Metra kit installed with a kenwood 7704s I will post a pic as soon as it is done. I know there are a few in here with the scorsche and one with the Metra kit...

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm planning on doing an install soon, leaning toward the Metra kit...

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm planning on doing an install soon, leaning toward the Metra kit...
If you read through this tread there have been issues with the Scorsche kits HVAC controls that is what made me decide to go with the Metra kit.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, same here more or less..
Which head unit are you looking at? Other advantage to the Metra is you can use the HVAC screen for the backup camera. I will not use that feature but like that they thought of that and the ability to keep sync which I also will not use.

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I'll be installing the Scosche kit with a Pioneer AVIC-4200 headunit soon and I'll take pictures. I'm also trying to work up the courage to re-run my speaker wires through the molex connectors in the doors. And in related news I'll have a TomTop unit to sell soon that's had updates from StangATX installed.

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've hast he Schosche since February and so far the only issue is the HVAC screen not coming on until I pull the negative terminal from the battery for ~10 seconds. This has happened twice and both times were after I washed the car. Not sure how that could make a difference to the electronics inside.
I've had this issue twice. It's the box that goes between the factory cables and LCD etc that has to be reset. It's happened to me leaving a store. It was fine before but now it's black.

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
I just installed the metra kit with a Pioneer avh-4100nex on fourth of july. Didn't get to take any pics of the install though.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the Metra kit with a Kenwood 7704s installed. Really happy with the kit so far. I really like the simplistic look instead of the giant dials of the factory look. The color is perfectly matched to the car as well. My installer did pull the sync module because it interfered with the steering wheel controls when you hit the voice key sync would kick in instead of google. Everything works perfectly though steering wheel controls, backup sensors, Backup Cam etc.
20170717_073107.jpg

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I got my installation completed. If you take your time, it's pretty straighforward. Everything works perfectly and looks great. I even have the rear park assist show up on the smaller scosche screen. Advice for you guys installing a unit like my AVH-4200 with a screen that flips down- try and press the unit up as you secure it with screws so it doesn't clip the plastic trim while it opens.
install 1.jpg
install 2.jpg
install 3.jpg
Sponsored