Sponsored

All NEW: OPT7 S550 Full LED DRL/Turn Signal with Sequential and Switchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
What kind of warranty? Any Mustang6g discounts?
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else having issues with these not working with the headlights off? They work well when the headlights are on, but when I turn them off I get the double turn signal flash inside and nothing outside.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works fine when in Auto, which where I keep it like 99% of the time.
As do I. When the sensor turns the lights off the turn signals stop working

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Anyone else having issues with these not working with the headlights off? They work well when the headlights are on, but when I turn them off I get the double turn signal flash inside and nothing outside.
I had a similar issue. When engine was on, and headlights off, they did not work and I got the clippity clop noise for turn signals. I'd get maybe a split second of the first yellow LED to light up and then nothing. In all other scenarios they worked fine.

I performed all test variations as instructed by OPT7 (filled out a spreadsheet) and even tried a replacement set. For some reason, when the headlights were off and engine on, they would not work.

They look great when they work and I wanted them but keeping headlights on for them to work isn't plausible. I returned all and got a refund.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar issue. When engine was on, and headlights off, they did not work and I got the clippity clop noise for turn signals. I'd get maybe a split second of the first yellow LED to light up and then nothing. In all other scenarios they worked fine.

I performed all test variations as instructed by OPT7 (filled out a spreadsheet) and even tried a replacement set. For some reason, when the headlights were off and engine on, they would not work.

They look great when they work and I wanted them but keeping headlights on for them to work isn't plausible. I returned all and got a refund.
Describes my situation perfectly. How long ago was this? What options does your car have? I have the package with the adaptive cruise.

I'm a bit disappointed in the OPT7 customer service to this point. I did a chat session yesterday with them around 4EST. I wanted to confirm what to do with the marker lights. Ended up finding the info on my own. The chat session guy said he would need to check with the engineers and email me in an hour. Still haven't heard anything. Once if figured out the lights were not working around 5 EST I tried another chat session, but it only emailed them. They are supposed to be open until 630 PST. I'm still waiting. Could not find a phone number either. I had high hopes...I hope it can be resolved with a working solution, as I really like the lights.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2015 GT Limited Edition. It comes standard with all options except Auto Cruise, Rear Parking Sensors and illuminated door sills. I've upgraded adding Illuminated Door Sills.

I also have LED reverse light, interior dome light and rear side markers from Diode Dynamics. I shared this with OPT7 but they didn't seem to have any ideas on how to resolve.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2015 GT Limited Edition. It comes standard with all options except Auto Cruise, Rear Parking Sensors and illuminated door sills. I've upgraded adding Illuminated Door Sills.

I also have LED reverse light, interior dome light and rear side markers from Diode Dynamics. I shared this with OPT7 but they didn't seem to have any ideas on how to resolve.
Very disappointing, I really like these. I hope they can come up with a solution in the short term, otherwise I'll be going back to the stock setup with the DD Switchbacks :(

salars412

StangSal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Roush RS - Guard - 051A
So I these in the mail last night and decided to test fit them into my new Roush bumper that was not installed yet. Looks like the bumper will cover 70% of the arrow part and the rest will show fine. There is also a gap at the bottom when installed. So those with a Roush fascia may be disappointed by this. I am requesting a RMA and returning it since I didn't like the look. For those looking to pull the trigger on this for a Roush facia, well you know now lol. I pulled it for you. I am sure they will fit nicely on the OEM bumpers. It's just that Roush covers too much of the arrow for my taste. I can upload some pics tomorrow for everyone reference too if people want to see what I mean?
[MENTION=26707]Mootang[/MENTION] any pictures with the Roush bumper? I am interested in seeing how it looks. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
[MENTION=26707]Mootang[/MENTION] any pictures with the Roush bumper? I am interested in seeing how it looks. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures before I returned them :doh:. All I remember was that the pointy end of the arrow was cut out off by 60-70% by the Roush bumper. As for the gap I mentioned in a previous post, that's just the Roush bumper being designed that way, not the OPT7 signal lights fault. The rest of the LED lights were fine, but I didn't like the look of them as the arrow was too hidden in my opinion.

salars412

StangSal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Roush RS - Guard - 051A
Got it, yea I dont think I would like the look of it if the arrow part was that much covered and that too with a gap at the bottom. But thanks so much for the update, appreciate it!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Did they work right when you first got them or did they always do this?

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They never worked right from day one when the engine was on and headlights off.

In this scenario, the first yellow LED gives half a blink and then nothing further when applying either the turn signal or hazards.

They worked fine in all other scenarios.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are going back, OPT7 didn't have a solution yet. I did make in install/review video if anyone is interested. Disappointed I can't use them, but maybe it will help out others on the install. It was very easy.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.