Sponsored

Replacement Stripes

kansasgt350r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
First-time poster! Looking at buying a new GT350R but I would prefer different color stripes. Looks like it is easy enough to remove the current ones, but can I easily order replacement stripes and have them installed by the dealer? Anyone do this? Want to make sure before I pull the trigger on the purchase! Thank you!
Sponsored

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
First-time poster! Looking at buying a new GT350R but I would prefer different color stripes. Looks like it is easy enough to remove the current ones, but can I easily order replacement stripes and have them installed by the dealer? Anyone do this? Want to make sure before I pull the trigger on the purchase! Thank you!
There are a few threads on stripes that you can search for on here but from what I have discovered the dealer option for stripes is expensive (over $600 + labor aprox) and you have the added trouble of working with a dealer. After market ones which are almost identical but supposed to be of better quality can be purchased for around $250 all in via BigWorm graphics online, you just need to have them installed.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Get them from bigwormgraphix.com and have a local shop that does tint or vinyl applications install them. My kit was $220 and a shop installed them for $200.

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
With a little patience, time and attention to detail you can install them yourself like I did yesterday. It took me about 5 hours of learning as I go. I did however waste and hour trying to us one piece side on the front bumper instead of the 2 the kit provides.

This is the matte black, red pinstripe Big Worm kit for GT350.
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Matte looks great :headbang:

BTW, is it a dry or wet install?

Sponsored

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Matte looks great :headbang:

BTW, is it a dry or wet install?
I used a really wet install, athough forgiving also lead to the overall install time. It took awhile to push ALL water out from under the stripes so they would adhere. A 2 sided palm squeegee is included and use the micro fiber covered side when working on exposed stripe.

I started at the front fascia directly under the hood. I did this because it was the easiest to line up on center and square. I then used this as a guideline to work down the front first and then towards the roof. I did not have install roof stripes since I have a black roof. This looks like it would have been the hardest stripes to install as it may require a person be sitting on the windsheild and trunk of the car.

For the back section I started spot under license plate sits as it had the easiest points from which to get measure. I used the screw holes for this purpose here.

The kit I received did not match the included instructions in there was no split in the contact paper halfway up on the longer sections. This required removing the paper from the top instead of the middle which results in stress on the vinyl and the potential to get them offline....go slow!

Make sure surface (under side of panels as well lips of trunk and decklid) is completely free of wax and or other chemicals. I washed with Adams stripes wash first but I used alcohol to do the prep.

Do not stress the tape as you get deformations or stretching of final product, I do not have a heat gun but in hindsight a blow dryer may have good to use for several reasons.

Re-wipe each panel prior to installing to get that section as free of lint and dust as possible. Small concave imperfections will cover but even the smallest convex speck will show up. If this happens lift tape and re-wet where particle is and remove speck to the edge of tape and remove with finger not towel.

For the pin stripes I recommend to start at the top and work down. I also overlapped slightly to correct any deflection of the main stripe which made for a straighter cleaner edge.

Lastly check you spacing to keep that 1in center gap.

Good luck to all who try and hope this didn't come off as to incoherent and helps OP out.

Last edited:

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
I used a really wet install, athough forgiving also lead to the overall install time. It took awhile to push ALL water out from under the stripes so they would adhere. A 2 sided palm squeegee is included and use the micro fiber covered side when working on exposed stripe.

I started at the front fascia directly under the hood. I did this because it was the easiest to line up on center and square. I then used this as a guideline to work down the front first and then towards the roof. I did not have install roof stripes since I have a black roof. This looks like it would have been the hardest stripes to install as it may require a person be sitting on the windsheild and trunk of the car.

For the back section I started spot under license plate sits as it had the easiest points from which to get measure. I used the screw holes for this purpose here.

The kit I received did not match the included instructions in there was no split in the contact paper halfway up on the longer sections. This required removing the paper from the top instead of the middle which results in stress on the vinyl and the potential to get them offline....go slow!

Make sure surface (under side of panels as well lips of trunk and decklid) is completely free of wax and or other chemicals. I washed with Adams stripes wash first but I used alcohol to do the prep.

Do not stress the tape as you get deformations or stretching of final product, I do not have a heat gun but in hindsight a blow dryer may have good to use for several reasons.

Re-wipe each panel prior to installing to get that section as free of lint and dust as possible. Small concave imperfections will cover but even the smallest convex speck will show up. If this happens lift tape and re-wet where particle is and remove speck to the edge of tape and remove with finger not towel.

For the pin stripes I recommend to start at the top and work down. I also overlapped slightly to correct any deflection of the main stripe which made for a straighter cleaner edge.

Lastly check you spacing to keep that 1in center gap.

Good luck to all who try and hope this didn't come off as to incoherent and helps OP out.
I finally read this. Excellent write up. Which red stripe did you use? The bright red, or darker red stripes? Pics look like the darker red. Regarding the overlap you mentioned. The GT350R has the same red stripe overlap, maybe 1mm over the black. Photos look fantastic. One last thought. When I compared the Big Worm Matte Black to the black stripes on my 350R, I preferred the Big Worm black a little better. The factory 350R stripe seems to have a medley of color overtones to it, like microscopic flecks of metalic. The Big Worm stripe seemed much more pure black than the factory. For this reason, I liked the Big Worm stripe better than my factory stripe.