Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
So I am a huge BMW fan! My previous cars are:
2000 BMW 323ci
2005 BMW M3
2016 BMW m4
2008 BMW 550i (traded in for the GT350)
2014 BMW m5 (current car)

I recently sold my M4 to get in to the M5, because I wanted a v8 engine instead of the 6 cylinders I had in the M4. The one thing I started to miss instantly was the manual transmission. I love the M5 in every way, but I wanted to get something on stick. I have always appreciated shelby's. Eleanor is still one of my favorite looking cars.

After some extensive research and not being able to find one bad review about the Shelby GT350, I decided to stop my BMW train, and switch over to a Ford. I drove from New York to GA to pick up the Shelby. The reason for such a long drive was because I really wanted the leather seats and did not want Recaro seats. They are much more comfortable.

I own the car for about 3 weeks now and can say without a doubt, that every review online is accurate. The car handles very well. The steering feel is great. The stock short shifter is awesome (a lot shorter than the m4 was). The sound this car makes, is from another planet.

Some of the negatives is that the car is just not put together as well as a BMW. Some lines on the car do not align properly, as they do on a BMW. The interior does not feel as luxurious......buuuuut, as soon as you press gas on the car, you totally forget about all of that. This car is not made to be luxurious. What it is built for, it deliveries in every possible way.

Some changes I made to the car so far:
- tinted headlights
- changed turn signals to LED Sequential turn signals and tinted them
- Painted the stock wheels (not a big fan of dark wheels)
- Tinted the windows

Might do some cosmetic upgrades in the future. Thinking of adding some real Carbon fiber look to the exterior, but will hold of for now.

I am pretty active on the BMW forum and decided to introduce myself to the Ford community. I am glad I made the switch.
5863.jpg
5860.jpg
5866.jpg
5855.jpg
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Congrats!

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Looking good! Congrats!

Sponsored

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I was super confused for a minute there, totally skipped the first picture somehow and got myself spun up wondering when they made the change to the wheels. The silver looks really good though!

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Great car! Welcome to the club. I have no doubt you will find 8250 reasons to enjoy this car every day.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Congrats and welcome to the club! :cheers:

There are many on this forum who came from BMW or other euro performance brands. After owning 5 BMWs, I made the switch away from BMW long ago and now enjoy all kinds of different makes. It may not be perfect, but this Shelby Mustang is truly something special! :D

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Welcome !! I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as you apparently did with your other cars. :cheers:

ROC1ROB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Welcome! The silver wheels ain't too bad either. Have fun with her.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
As a die-hard-M-fan I can agree that while I still enjoy the M cars and my M3, the Shelby blows them away. The things the Shelby lacks are more than made up for by its performance. Good choice.

danhuberty

Dan Huberty
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 ShelbyGT350
You made the right choice hands down. As a long time BMW guy who still races BMW's I made the switch to the GT350 because I wanted a driver's car again. Just wait till you get to the track with the GT350 and leave every BMW in the dust and have a blast doing so. From my perspective there's no better street/track car on the market today for $65K. :headbang:

Put some race pads and Cup 2's on the GT350 and dial in some front camber and have a blast blowing by BMW's and Porsche's at the track while listening to an amazing orchestra that makes people giddy. Save the the Porsche GT3 till you upgrade the suspension so you can hold the speed through the corners. :cheers:

And the photo sessions never end where ever I take the GT350. Never had that experience with a BMW. :ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really like the silver wheels! What did you use to paint them?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Welcome, from another German car guy. I've never seen a GT350 with silver wheels. Looks great!

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
Congratulations! The painted wheels look great.

I am another long time BMW owner who has tracked many different M3's over the years. While I still love my E36 M3, the GT350 gets right what BMW is getting wrong today. I actually love to see both cars in the garage, the best of both worlds.

Funny thing, I never get any looks in my R. Once someone rolled down their window and said 'cool car' but besides that, no attention even at the gas station. I guess I live in the wrong neighborhood. :shrug:
Sponsored