• Other

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Requiem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Pro Auto Sound Miami did a good job for a fair price.

Don't remember my percentage but I do know they're not legal.

::crosses fingers::
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Cops staking these forums ....

I advise everyone to stay away from this thread.. some bad juju here.. Lol.

I got my car tinted 2 days after I got in almost 2 years ago.. been riding around with 16% tint this whole time with no issues.. 1 day after posting on this thread I get pulled over for illegal tint.. Lol. The cop was nice tho and he let me off then proceeded to leave quickly at a high rate of speed which leads me to believe the tint was just an excuse.. he did bring out the tester tho and said in the state of Florida 28% is the limit, mine read 17%.. supposed to be 16%

Honestly doesn't seem that dark at all, I actually wanted it darker.. not anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me I am just an international spy not interested in local issues. ;)

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Formula 1 Pinnacle is awesome. Lifetime warranty and they use select tint dealers that are considered the better ones out there (out of Llumar retailers). I've had it on 4 vehicles now. Never bubbles, never fades, and has the highest heat rejection. The clarity is also like glass.

I have 20% all around and it's not overly dark in appearance from the outside that it warrants attention from the cops. I also did Llumar Air80 on the entire windshield. Even for a clear film, it's noticeable how much sun/heat is rejected off my legs. Being a fair skinned Irish kid, I need that extra protection. I never have to do the lean to one side to avoid direct sunlight or feeling like I'm getting burned.

Between the 20% F1 and Air80 Llumar the a/c doesn't work as hard to cool the car down, and in conjunction with a windshield screen it helps to keep it cooler when parked. At least, as much as a dark car can be cool in 100 degree heat.

I'll give a shout out for an excellent tint shop: Flying Window Tinters of Longwood. Some of the best work I've seen and I use them exclusively now. They have a YouTube channel where you can check out some of their stuff.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
3M Crystaline the winner !

I went with the 3M Crystalline, it had the best protection while not being to dark. I got 40% on the side and rear windows and 70 on the windshield (you can't even tell anything is there). However the downside was cost, $750 for everything.
Going the same route, tomorrow is the day for my appointment. I believe its the best balance for protection / visibility and well the price is high but I am going pamper my baby. :D

:cheers:

:ford:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I went with the 3M Crystalline, it had the best protection while not being to dark. I got 40% on the side and rear windows and 70 on the windshield (you can't even tell anything is there). However the downside was cost, $750 for everything.
750? Was this on a Mustang? That's the highest I've ever seen for legal tint, even on an SUV.

Sponsored

jruocco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP and Recaro
750? Was this on a Mustang? That's the highest I've ever seen for legal tint, even on an SUV.
I believe it was $450 for regular windows and an extra $250 for windshield. With tax came out to just under $750.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Might be worth the drive to Longwood next time... I was at 420 all in with 15% and then Air80 on the windshield with Formula 1 Pinnacle.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I did a carbon setup, 50% for the entire front windshield, 35% on the sides, and 18% for the back and quarter windows. Worked out well. was 400 for all. A little more, but lifetime warranty.

Sponsored