Sponsored

New Coyote Air Intake Manifold Market Study - Priorities, Priorities, Priorities

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
5.0L Fam,

I work for a company that designs and manufactures high performance air intake manifolds. We are considering entering the log-jammed 5.0L 2011-2017 market (hopefully 2018+) and we'd like to provide something unique.

Please help us out by numbering your priorities/importance from 1 through 10 based upon the below (example, just respond like this....2,4,1,5,10,6,3,7,9,8) in order of priority.

1) Appearance (compared to other options)
2) Power/torque curve (how important to approach CJ torque curve?)
3) Weight (engineered thermoplastic vs. aluminum)
4) No modification to hood
5) Fits under OE strut bar (do you care if you keep it - if not, rank this towards the end of the list)
6) Customizable internals (do you like to grind on stuff just to make you feel better even if not required?)
7) CMCV retained (do you want to keep this feature for emissions purposes in your state or because you love the environment?).
8) Removable plenum/lid to internally tweak (i.e Holley LS-style Hi-Ram)
9) Throttle body size (87-90 mm max assumed - big enough? if not, move this towards the front of your list)
10) Cost (considering range of cost of current products - want cheaper option, move up, don't care as long at it brings the goods, make this 10th)

If you have other features/priorities that you want us to consider, please share. We appreciate your input!

Defector
Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
5.0L Fam,

I work for a company that designs and manufactures high performance air intake manifolds. We are considering entering the log-jammed 5.0L 2011-2017 market (hopefully 2018+) and we'd like to provide something unique.

Please help us out by numbering your priorities/importance from 1 through 10 based upon the below (example, just respond like this....2,4,1,5,10,6,3,7,9,8) in order of priority.

5) Fits under OE strut bar (do you care if you keep it - if not, rank this towards the end of the list)
6) Customizable internals (do you like to grind on stuff just to make you feel better even if not required?)
7) CMCV retained (do you want to keep this feature for emissions purposes in your state or because you love the environment?).
9) Throttle body size (87-90 mm max assumed - big enough? if not, move this towards the front of your list)
10) Cost (considering range of cost of current products - want cheaper option, move up, don't care as long at it brings the goods, make this 10th)

If you have other features/priorities that you want us to consider, please share. We appreciate your input!

Defector
Interested in making an air box for a PMAS Cobra Jet setup?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
5.0L Fam,

Defector
1. Power/torque curve
2. No modification to hood
3. Cost
4. Appearance

Also has to be good with boost. Anything else I don't care about.

Last edited:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
5.0L Fam,

Defector
Anything does not sacrifice low end torque for high rpm power. Improved low end torque with flat torque curve and higher upper rpm power would be lovely.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Instead of CMCV with it just a valve or plate, you would need true IMRC. The length of the runner would actually need to change like on the Yamaha R1. That would be an interesting manifold and probably not cheap.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
1: Power/tq curve, prefer top end power for my needs.
2: Must clear strut brace, ok with lower engine mounts to help this.
3: Cost
DFL: Looks, I don't car about appearance, its a track car not a show queen.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Instead of CMCV with it just a valve or plate, you would need true IMRC. The length of the runner would actually need to change like on the Yamaha R1. That would be an interesting manifold and probably not cheap.
YCC-I

I had and Audi S8 with V10 engine - it had a similar design but with two positions only: long and short runner.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
1. Power torque curve
2. Fits under stock hood
3. Fits under strut bar
4. Appearance
5. Cost
6. Throttle body size

The rest I don't care.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
5.0L Fam,

Defector
Must fit under hood.
Not fussed about strut brace (Aussie cars don't have them)
Cost needs to be comparable, MUST make good power!
Don't care about the rest.

Sponsored
OP
OP

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thank you for the feedback thus far. Please keep it coming.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Power and cost are obviously the top priorities, but also using a material/design that won't heat soak.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
99% won't buy it unless it fits under the stock hood. Everyone that doesn't have that listed as number one needs to re-order their priorities.

With that said,

1) No modification to hood
2a) Cost...if it's too expensive, no one is going to buy it.
2b) Power/torque curve...this is directly tied to cost. If it doesn't produce power, no one is going to buy it either.
3) Appearance
4) Fits under OE strut bar
5) CMCV retained

This is the low hanging fruit. Everything else amounts to a fraction of potential sales.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
99% won't buy it unless it fits under the stock hood. Everyone that doesn't have that listed as number one needs to re-order their priorities.

With that said,

1) No modification to hood
2a) Cost...if it's too expensive, no one is going to buy it.
2b) Power/torque curve...this is directly tied to cost. If it doesn't produce power, no one is going to buy it either.
3) Appearance
4) Fits under OE strut bar
5) CMCV retained

This is the low hanging fruit. Everything else amounts to a fraction of potential sales.
Absolutely dead on. If aftermarket hood is required, cost blows out of proportion.
Not even vaguely interested at that point.

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Power! Just copy the PMAS one but make it durable and include instructions!
Sponsored