New Guy - Atlanta area Black with Blue stripes GT350 Track Pack

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just purchased a used 2016 GT350 from a dealership last Saturday. Beautiful black with blue stripes track pack with 51xx miles very well maintained. THe car already has a clear bra on the front fenders, the entire hood, mirrors and Rick panels. Also has the windows tinted, the recall has already been done and the splitter is installed correctly. Love the car even though I have only driven the car three times since purchase. Looking to add an aftermarket front splitter to compliment the Shelby splitter. Added the Airaid filter and not looking to add any performance mods since I have 7k/100 mile warranty as a CPO car. Been a lurker for some time bit now part of the club. Looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Congrats! :cheers: Sounds like you picked up a real gem, 2016 Track Packs are awesome, good choice!

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks. Why are the 2016 track packs so sought after?

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
the non track pack cars tend to get overheated and go into limp mode

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
You may want to drive it a bit more before putting an additional splitter on the front. Mine bottoms out everywhere it seems. Cant imagine it being any lower, or what an R or those with the Ford Performance springs are going through.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just purchased a used 2016 GT350 from a Angela Krause Ford Lincoln in Alpharetta last Saturday. Beautiful black with blue stripes track pack with 51xx miles very well maintained. THe car already has a clear bra on the front fenders, the entire hood, mirrors and Rick panels. Also has the windows tinted, the recall has already been done and the splitter is installed correctly. Love the car even though I have only driven the car three times since purchase. Looking to add an aftermarket front splitter to compliment the Shelby splitter. Added the Airaid filter and not looking to add any performance mods since I have 7k/100 mile warranty as a CPO car. Been a lurker for some time bit now part of the club. Looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come.
Congrats! I tried to buy from both Nalley and Angela Krause, but couldn't ever work a deal. AKFL is only a few miles from my house - we should hook up and go for a ride sometime.
Welcome! I'm starting to see more of us in the hood!
You too!

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Sounds good! There is a mustang expo type event at AMP in Dawsonville in a couple of weeks that was fun last year. My friend and I usually take ours up there. I also check out Gateway Classic Cars on McFarland on the last Sunday of each month. They have a cars and coffee deal that attracts about 50-100 folks.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Are there any good tracks in your area to wring out that beast?

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Congrats on your new ride. :cheers:

You need to bring it to Atlanta Motorsports Park to test it out. Once I get my 17R broken in (only abt 380 miles so far), I plan to host a day there for locals interested. Hope you can join us. :headbang:

Sponsored

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Congrats!!

Lots of Atlanta representation in this thread. We should put something together.

ThreeFiveO - Got more info on this Expo you speak of? I Googled around a bit but didn't find anything specific...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just purchased a used 2016 GT350 from a Angela Krause Ford Lincoln in Alpharetta last Saturday. Beautiful black with blue stripes track pack with 51xx miles very well maintained. THe car already has a clear bra on the front fenders, the entire hood, mirrors and Rick panels. Also has the windows tinted, the recall has already been done and the splitter is installed correctly. Love the car even though I have only driven the car three times since purchase. Looking to add an aftermarket front splitter to compliment the Shelby splitter. Added the Airaid filter and not looking to add any performance mods since I have 7k/100 mile warranty as a CPO car. Been a lurker for some time bit now part of the club. Looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come.
I really like that color combination so lets see some pictures of that bad boy of yours!

:cool:

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
the non track pack cars tend to get overheated and go into limp mode
This is misleading. The only cars that had this issue were owned by drivers who tracked GT350s that didn't have the track package. The non-track GT350s are not prone to going into limp mode unless they're being tracked, as far as I've read.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
This is misleading. The only cars that had this issue were owned by drivers who tracked GT350s that didn't have the track package. The non-track GT350s are not prone to going into limp mode unless they're being tracked, as far as I've read.
not trying to be misleading but that is why the tech cars are going so cheaply and it is a true statement. i have read of some without the extra coolers go into limp mode with spirited street driving,of course for most the tech is just fine but if im buying i want the extra coolers

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will definitely be interested in hooking up with you guys; hopefully all that are interested in this thread, at a central location soon. I may try to take it down a quarter Mike at some point to get an idea of the baseline time for the car. Might even try a track day in the future for road course attempt since I have never done one before. Thanks for the advice on the splitter and I may have bro reconsider based on the slant of my driveway. Quick question since I have looked and have not seen anything on this inquiry but since the current intake is pretty darn good and aftermarket intakes only show gains with a tune, if I have read correctly that the restriction is the throttle body, would there be any benefit from a ported stock throttle body that does not require a tune? BBK has a 90mm that requires a tune and I have not read where someone has even tried one so would a stock ported one be of any benefit?
Sponsored