Sponsored

Are american muscle wheel and tire kits reputable?

california_coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt/cs premium
I own a '16 mustang gt/cs and I'm looking for a reputable source to buy wheels without the hassle trying to find tire sizes and try to fit them on the wheels I have just purchased. Also wondering if the wheels on sites like Late Model Restoration, Cj Pony parts, or American muscle have reputable wheels for sale, meaning that they are durable and can withstand lots of abuse. If im going to drop maybe 2-3k on new wheels for the stang I want them to with stand up to multiple burnouts and drag strip days.

Well thanks for taking the time to read or probably just skim that paragraph.
We should be friends :cheers:
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I bought the FR500's and Nitto 555's for my old '95 GT from them years ago. They were boxed up great, balanced perfectly and zero issues. We ordered a set for my sons '95 also. He was at Mustang week last year and curbed the island separating lanes and destroyed the wheel. Called them up, gave them a local shops address and they shipped it out right away. Of course UPS screwed up and tried to sent it to a Myrtle Beach address and not the North MB address. They worked very diligently with UPS to get it to the correct store the next day.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Lots of good options for vendors. LMR, CJ Pony and AM all have discount codes for forum members to save around 6% off the advertised price.
[MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] is also a good guy to get prices from, he's a vendor on this forum and a lot of guys use him since he has a lot of knowledge on wheels for these cars. Ask him for recommendations and he'll tell you your best options for your budget.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I've had the AM FR500 replicas on my SN95 for 10 years (that was before the FR500 became the trendy wheel. At the time, everyone loved Bullit wheels). They're not lightweight wheels by any means but they're nice quality with good finishes.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I have American Muscle wheels on my '14 GT and the quality is very good. I sourced my own tires for them, and have been very pleased. I went with AM's silver 2016 Performance Package wheels that are offset for the 2005-2014 mustangs. 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.

I also bought my SVE Drag wheels from LMR.com with M/T runners up front and drag radials out back. Great package, direct fit, and an awesome price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at AM and CJ, but their tire choices were very limited.
I wanted a straight up bolt on set, wheels tires, balanced and tpms.
I will second Paul at PK. I got the wheels I wanted, the tires I wanted. Shipped to me ready to bolt on.
Niche Essen, 19x10, 275 Conti DWS06, total with shipping was $2200. And he threw in low profile lug nuts for free.

Last edited:

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
Bought a complete kit from AM. Seems their installer beat up a wheel and decided to ship it anyway. AM quickly responded and sent out a replacement but sent a tire then a rim and I had to call again to get the TPMS. What was my hope to get a damage free , quality mounted set and ready to roll didn't happen. Their only response was they would pay up to 39 dollars for to mount the tire. If I had to do again I would not order the kit from AM. The Wheels and Tires were Grade A just the Service was subpar.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
They are decent but not the best. Hell man if you are looking in the 2000-3000 range...Hit up [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION]. I bet he can get you a damn good setup for in that price range. Better to get quality the first time, than to have to buy another set if something goes wrong! :thumbsup:

Hell I didn't even pay 3k for my 305 Nitto NT555G2's and vossen wheels brand new!

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Thanks guys ! [MENTION=26348]Spykexx[/MENTION] [MENTION=22912]Chef jpd[/MENTION] [MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30777]california_coyote[/MENTION] I would be more then happy to spend the time and help you out, show you some good options and see which would fit the bill for what your after.

let me know
Sponsored