Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So this one is new to me. Started happening yesterday and noticed it at a drive thru. Any suggestions? Can't be the differential since the car isn't moving. Water on the rear coolers perhaps? Exhaust valve? Happens regardless if it's in sport or normal

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]F8rLHkfOZZM[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rVJOwwbeyZg[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
That is very strange.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sounds exactly like a loose exhaust part (or it coming in contact with something like a heat shield) or possibly a piece of metal in one of the mufflers has broken its weld. Wear some thick gloves and start pressing on the exhaust system.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
press the clutch down see if disappears. If yes it will stop after awhile.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
one vote for exhaust, one for the clutch, any others before get results?

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
one vote for exhaust, one for the clutch, any others before get results?
I heard that exact noise once after revving in neutral for some guys in the parking lot at work. I turned the car off and back on to clear it and havent heard it since. Others said the engaging the clutch would clear it....probably the same thing but please let us know what you find out OP.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's the exhaust. After pulling into my driveway it had went away for a bit, so while running I pushed up on the drivers side muffler with a towel, and the noise occured, nothing with the passenger side, so it's something around the drivers side of the exhaust rubbing, but I don't see anything. Going to try to get up under there more thursday, if not will go to a local dealer Friday to see if they can't figure it out. May as well have them look at the leaking wind noise on the driver's side and the oil line recall while I'm at it.

Reactions: TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Glad to hear it is nothing serious.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I have a different sound on my 2017. My driveway has a slight incline and every time I pull in it I hear a creaking sound in the back. Cant tell if coming from inside or outside the car. My 2016 I traded in didn't do it. But then again I just bought an old beater 2005 Buick and it makes the same sound but not as loud. Probably that rear fascia that's to heavy for the car that doesn't have adequate clipping that will probably fall off some day. ha ha

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I have a different sound on my 2017. My driveway has a slight incline and every time I pull in it I hear a creaking sound in the back. Cant tell if coming from inside or outside the car. My 2016 I traded in didn't do it. But then again I just bought an old beater 2005 Buick and it makes the same sound but not as loud. Probably that rear fascia that's to heavy for the car that doesn't have adequate clipping that will probably fall off some day. ha ha

mine started doing this too

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have the creaking sound, and then a clank sound, and now this. Going in tomorrow to a service department to have it looked at because I can't figure out what exactly is causing it.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
my car at 19k is sounding like its falling apart.

Brakes squealing again, possibly belt noise, AC is making a loud cycling sound, and when I accelerate, decelerate it sounds like a heat shield is loose, and the creaks.

I might say screw it on the R and go another direction. This car has aged fast after 16k.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
my car at 19k is sounding like its falling apart.

Brakes squealing again, possibly belt noise, AC is making a loud cycling sound, and when I accelerate, decelerate it sounds like a heat shield is loose, and the creaks.

I might say screw it on the R and go another direction. This car has aged fast after 16k.
Yeah, I love the 350 but going to test drive a stingray this weekend or next.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Okay so it was definitely the exhaust. One of the cross hangars broke clean off, not the ones that hang from the rubber dampers, but I guess there's another cross hangar so the inner tips are running on the outer tips. They ordered an entire new exhaust to replace it instead of welding it, which I'm not too happy about because I paid $400 to have the resonators removed. Explains what the clunking is been hearing from the rear has been tho.
Sponsored