Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ya. I don't understand how lack of buttons is a bad thing. I prefer clean interfaces personally but I guess some people are more attached to physical buttons and knobs. I haven't found myself reaching for anything that wasn't there, yet.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION]

Anyway you can find out how to get this theme back? I've gone through several but just can't seem to find it. I lost it the 2nd day after I installed it when changed temps, etc.

attachment.jpg

I actually prefer the simplicity of it. It's not overcrowded.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
might check this out if you really want to retain hard buttons for CC.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76233
I saw that, it's definitely interesting. Going to have to seriously go through the entire book of pages on that thread now too haha.

Ya. I don't understand how lack of buttons is a bad thing. I prefer clean interfaces personally but I guess some people are more attached to physical buttons and knobs. I haven't found myself reaching for anything that wasn't there, yet.
I just like to have the frequently changed features where I can change them without taking my eyes off the road. My hand was just too unsteady to be looking and tapping at the screen while driving and trying to turn the temperature down or up, and missing the touch screen buttons from the car bouncing on the shitty roads here lol

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
@StangATX

Anyway you can find out how to get this theme back? I've gone through several but just can't seem to find it. I lost it the 2nd day after I installed it when changed temps, etc.

I actually prefer the simplicity of it. It's not overcrowded.
I'll check my settings and let you know. Or try to flash my ROM.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
2nd gen users! I have some kinda a good news for y'all. [MENTION=27727]Marvinmadman[/MENTION] & I checked the HU and we found a possible work around for the recovery of the HU. We possibly found also how to upgrade the NAND capacity of the headunit from 16/32/64 to possibly 128/256gb! I'll get back to y'all after some more digging and testing about it.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2nd gen users! I have some kinda a good news for y'all. [MENTION=27727]Marvinmadman[/MENTION] & I checked the HU and we found a possible work around for the recovery of the HU. We possibly found also how to upgrade the NAND capacity of the headunit from 16/32/64 to possibly 128/256gb! I'll get back to y'all after some more digging and testing about it.
:hail::hail:

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
Loving the unit. I have mine setup using nova launcher instead of the UI with audio glow (owned it already from my last android HU in my WRX). I got a nice, clean layout, everything seems to be working good. The only annoying things are the wifi and time when starting the unit. I have tasker launching my google play on start up and will probably figure a way to get it to automatically update those two things.

I did like how that stock browser wanted FULL access/control to my google account, LMAO. Replaced that one real quick.
I allowed it access and haven't had any issues. What could they possibly do with your Google account information, lol, I guess it's always good to be safe =), maybe I should change mine now.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I allowed it access and haven't had any issues. What could they possibly do with your Google account information, lol, I guess it's always good to be safe =), maybe I should change mine now.
Any issues that you KNOW of, maybe ;). Sorry but a browser doesn't need FULL access to you're google account. It' needs 0 access. It's not even Google Chrome. They can use it for many things, just for the same reasons thousands of emails/accounts get hacked/phished every day,:cheers:

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
Any issues that you KNOW of, maybe ;). Sorry but a browser doesn't need FULL access to you're google account. It' needs 0 access. It's not even Google Chrome. They can use it for many things, just for the same reasons thousands of emails/accounts get hacked/phished every day,:cheers:
Did you remove the browser or just use a different one?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I'll check my settings and let you know. Or try to flash my ROM.
Any more info on these 2 quotes? :thumbsup::cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Yes. I would actually like to get that back. I haven't been able to. I think that has to do with the Car Num type which if you don't mind, tell me what yours is set on before changing anything. It will show you when you first enter the system settings.

What you need to do is goto the app list on your top tool bar and go to the play store and download a launcher. I used NovaLauncher because I've used that plenty when I had Android phones.

Once that is loaded go to the home screen and it will prompt which launcher. Choose Nova but don't make it default choose just once. Then once that is loaded you will have your home screen. On the dock bar click the circle with the boxes. This will show all the apps on the unit. Click the FactoryMode gear icon.

This will load factor mode settings. First screen is the main UI. This will change the theme I believe. i think this is where I lost the original layout the unit was shipped with. Let me know what yours says. It will have a switch beside it saying default logo.

Anyways, go down to the System Set tab and you will see the UI settings. Set them to what mine are in the images and reboot the machine. That should change them.
This is where you change it back, [MENTION=25003]wireeater[/MENTION]

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on these working with the premium models with nav yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
I just bought one of these myself from the ebay link its probably a gen 2. Def interested in upgrading its software Ive rooted several phones in the past and know a lil bit of stuff not a programmer though. Would def donate to you guys for getting the recovery working on it. As i could see it being an issue not to be able to factory reset it...

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
OMG... I’ve done it.... all 195 posts, read.... wow. That was insane. I would get excited, then think this is a bad idea, then excited.... you guys are like my wife. Makes me happy one day, then I want to jump off a building the next....

I have a 2015 GT PP. the end result is a bought a unit off eBay from a fella named jinzhu2016. I got this email today:
DHL 6479459976
i have send you high cable.pls look at picture
When you receive, please open the parcel check navigation no damaged, and then sign for it.thank you

Some serious boo-coo Engrish going on there, lol

So I have the dreaded premium car and I hope the fella sent me the premium harness everyone is talking about. Ill be tearing the car apart Monday when it comes in and taking my time. Once it gets installed and before I screw it back into the dash, ill be keeping my fingers crossed it all works well.

That said, I'm going to apologize ahead of time. I might be asking some really silly questions, so please bear with me.
Sponsored