Sponsored

Collector Car Insurance Companies ???

ctmonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.T.
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Mustang GT(SOLD 4/27/18)
I only drive my 2014 Mustang GT/CS less than 100 miles a year (my 2017 Mustang GT is my daily-driver), think State Farm is ripping me off as little as it's driven, they only offer "7,500 miles or less" reduced policies.

Does anyone have any experience with the collector car insurance companies and newer cars? Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have Ford Heacock on my '66 GT Fastback. There are several requirements to qualify.
Lockable garage
No one under 25 is allowed to drive it
Cannot use it to drive to work. Ever.
Must have a modern or newer car for daily transportation.

Give them a call. Never hurts to ask.

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
S Farm here for my 5 sports cars. Most have an "agreed value" of over $50k. StateFarm was by far the cheapest and easiest to deal with. I don't think they'll do anything special about a 2014 mustang though.

OP
OP
ctmonline

ctmonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.T.
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Mustang GT(SOLD 4/27/18)
I just got a quote from GRUNDY, they're $230 less a year than State Farm (current policy), also better coverage with a smaller deductible....anyone use Grundy?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I just got a quote from GRUNDY, they're $230 less a year than State Farm (current policy), also better coverage with a smaller deductible....anyone use Grundy?
I use Grundy.
I pay $435 a year with 43k agreed value on the car. (2013 Roush Stage 3.)
My second year using them. I'm saving about 800 bucks a year by using them instead of Liberty Mutual. Especially when I put so little miles on the car.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I use Grundy.
I pay $435 a year with 43k agreed value on the car. (2013 Roush Stage 3.)
My second year using them. I'm saving about 800 bucks a year by using them instead of Liberty Mutual. Especially when I put so little miles on the car.
Did you by chance have Grundy when your car was closer to a current model year? Im curious if they would insure a current model.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you by chance have Grundy when your car was closer to a current model year? Im curious if they would insure a current model.
They insure current models.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
I have used Haggerty on my Camaro Haggerty and Grundy quoted me for my 17 Mustang. I did meet all of the requirements, but I drive the mustang alot so I just went with Farmers. It was less than the 14 Ram 4x4 I traded in...

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
I only drive my 2014 Mustang GT/CS less than 100 miles a year (my 2017 Mustang GT is my daily-driver), think State Farm is ripping me off as little as it's driven, they only offer "7,500 miles or less" reduced policies.

Does anyone have any experience with the collector car insurance companies and newer cars? Thanks for any info.
I have state farm and they put my 2017 on a "less than 6,000 /year" policy so I know they can go lower than 7500 mile policies.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I starting insuring the car with Grundy when the car was 3 years old. This is the second year with them.
They also require payment up front for the whole year and give you the option to renew near the end of the previous year. Super easy.

Must have garage which will store the car when not in use.
Must have a daily driver.
Must not take car to the grocery store or do errands with it. Cannot take your car to work.

^^None of those affect me as I'm pretty fussy about my car and don't take it out much anyways. It's perfect for me. :thumbsup:

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
S Farm here for my 5 sports cars. Most have an "agreed value" of over $50k. StateFarm was by far the cheapest and easiest to deal with. I don't think they'll do anything special about a 2014 mustang though.
Have you ever had a claim with SF? I had an agreed value policy with SF on my '69 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible. It got totaled in a hurricane back in '08. The policy was for $17,000. After they processed my claim, they offered me $8,000. I asked the adjuster what the hell she was talking about, as I had an agreed value policy, with an appraisal, for $17k. She said, and I quote, "Just because the policy is for that much, that doesn't mean that's what we're going to pay." Yes, I'm serious. It took 3 months to get paid the full value of my policy.

I will never use SF again. For anything.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have American Collectors Insurance on my 94 Cobra.

IMO, they offered far better rates, policy coverages and other benefits over the competitors. Plus I can drive the car on nice days and am not locked into "stringent terms", unlike some other companies.

http://americancollectors.com

I've been insured through them for close to 6 years now.

One very important thing about collector car coverage:
Make sure that your policy is for AGREED VALUE and the value is in print within your policy. Do not go on some verbal agreement or "my agent assured me since I've been a customer for zeons with him"...

Agreed value is:
The vehicle is insured for an exact figure - no more and no less. In the event of a total loss the agreed value is what the owner will be paid in a legit claim.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have American Collectors Insurance on my 94 Cobra.
IMO, they offered far better rates, policy coverages and other benefits over the competitors. Plus I can drive the car on nice days and am not locked into "stringent terms", unlike some other companies.

http://americancollectors.com

I've been insured through them for close to 6 years now.
Good post Phil. I may have to check them out sometime. :thumbsup:

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you ever had a claim with SF? I had an agreed value policy with SF on my '69 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible. It got totaled in a hurricane back in '08. The policy was for $17,000. After they processed my claim, they offered me $8,000. I asked the adjuster what the hell she was talking about, as I had an agreed value policy, with an appraisal, for $17k. She said, and I quote, "Just because the policy is for that much, that doesn't mean that's what we're going to pay." Yes, I'm serious. It took 3 months to get paid the full value of my policy.

I will never use SF again. For anything.

I tried insuring my '40 Ford with StateFarm. Told me the same thing. Even though I pay for an agreed value policy. A claims agent is still allowed to pull the value of the car at the time of the accident and pay out market value. I asked then why am I paying for an agreed value policy...they didn't have a good response.

'40 is with Hagerty's today.

Still need to find something for the Mustang.
Sponsored