Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Never realized how many comedians were on this forum....:paddle:
People tend to make fun of things that are completely silly. :shrug:Apparently the new performance standard on this forum is torque below 2500RPMs......nope, that's still silly.
Sponsored

8borerifle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Mustang
A Performance Standard is different for each individual. I have a 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP auto with the Ford Performance tune. I traded a 2012 Premium GT auto for it. Most of my driving is on hilly country roads or in town. Not much chance to use the top end of the GT. I agree, the GT is quicker from 40 up, but the Ecoboost with the FP tune is much more satisfying with the low end response it has. I restored a 1966 Plymouth 426 Hemi and a 1967 Jaguar XKE Roadster years ago. My Mustang would beat the stock Hemi in the quarter and would kill the Jaguar in handling (and wouldn't break down all the time)! I could have afforded a GT but wanted to try something different. I installed a 1987 Grand National V6 Turbo in a 1984 Monte Carlo SS that ended up running 11.01@122 looking dead stock from the outside. I don't care what other people drive, I pay for my car, they pay for theirs. Am I satisfied with my Ecoboost? Yes, even more so with the FP Tune.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
A Performance Standard is different for each individual. I have a 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP auto with the Ford Performance tune. I traded a 2012 Premium GT auto for it. Most of my driving is on hilly country roads or in town. Not much chance to use the top end of the GT. I agree, the GT is quicker from 40 up, but the Ecoboost with the FP tune is much more satisfying with the low end response it has. I restored a 1966 Plymouth 426 Hemi and a 1967 Jaguar XKE Roadster years ago. My Mustang would beat the stock Hemi in the quarter and would kill the Jaguar in handling (and wouldn't break down all the time)! I could have afforded a GT but wanted to try something different. I installed a 1987 Grand National V6 Turbo in a 1984 Monte Carlo SS that ended up running 11.01@122 looking dead stock from the outside. I don't care what other people drive, I pay for my car, they pay for theirs. Am I satisfied with my Ecoboost? Yes, even more so with the FP Tune.
So your gonna to tell me. Putting around below 2500rpms. Is where it's at for you EB owners? Since your new. I'm going to give you time to think about your next response. So you don't sound as goofy as some of the others. I don't care what you owned before. You didn't run an 11.01 because of part throttle torque. There is nothing wrong with owning an EB. There is something wrong with trying to invent a new performance category. A very specific, minute category at that. Where you can feel good about your cars performance. It's like The automotive equivalent of short mans disease..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Unless your are having a stop light to stop light race in the city. (Which rules on this forum forbid us from discussing.) This low end torque advantage, I've heard so much about this week. But still don't believe exists. Is useless. Nobody races 0-60. And to answer your question. Of course the Scat Pack has better average power!!! It almost seams like a silly question.
Street racing can't be discussed, but it is super common to accelerate quickly from a stop at lights. I can't believe you have never done it and think that no one else does.

I try to avoid breaking the law, but why even have a sporty car if you won't accelerate quickly from a stop light?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
After having a 16 GT and now a 17 Charger 392 I can say the power difference is quite noticeable between the 5.0 and 6.4 motors. The 475tq is no joke and to compare a tuned EB to a 6.4 V8 is just plain ridiculous. Kill this thread.

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
After having a 16 GT and now a 17 Charger 392 I can say the power difference is quite noticeable between the 5.0 and 6.4 motors. The 475tq is no joke and to compare a tuned EB to a 6.4 V8 is just plain ridiculous. Kill this thread.
My "tuned EB" made 350whp which equates to over 400bhp last summer on a local dyno, that was with stock downpipe. Add the fact that it is lighter then the GT, this thread is very relevant.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Street racing can't be discussed, but it is super common to accelerate quickly from a stop at lights. I can't believe you have never done it and think that no one else does.

I try to avoid breaking the law, but why even have a sporty car if you won't accelerate quickly from a stop light?
WTF? Are you serious? What does that have to do with anything? I guess EB are GT350 killers also? As long as you stay between 1500-2500 RPMs.:doh:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
My "tuned EB" made 350whp which equates to over 400bhp last summer on a local dyno, that was with stock downpipe. Add the fact that it is lighter then the GT, this thread is very relevant.
Kid just go line em up with a GT and see how it works out for you. If your really, really lucky you'll find the worlds worse GT driver. And can post a video of you running a 13.3 to his 13.5.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Kid just go line em up with a GT and see how it works out for you. If your really, really lucky you'll find the worlds worse GT driver. And can post a video of you running a 13.3 to his 13.5.
So you are assuming/saying my E-30 tuned EB will run a 13.3? I'm pretty sure thats incorrect.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
So you are assuming/saying my E-30 tuned EB will run a 13.3? I'm pretty sure thats incorrect.
I said your timeslip. You can assume that's incorrect as much as you want. Got a personal slip to prove me wrong? You have a ton of drag racing experience? Or is that one dyno run it?

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I said your timeslip. Assume as much as you want. Got a personal slip to prove me wrong? You have a ton of drag racing experience. Or is that one dyno run it?
I'm going to assume it has been a while and you sir need to get laid. I am done bickering with you. Enjoy your day.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
LOL I thought so. You have no idea how your car will do in a race because you've never tried. But you'd like to believe you can hang with a Scat Pack or GT PP.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I'm going to assume it has been a while and you sir need to get laid. I am done bickering with you. Enjoy your day.
Yes he might need to get laid, but he is ultimately correct in his statements. Facts are Facts. PERIOD

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I can outrun any mustang on this forum with my Toyota 4Runner if I get to choose the venue. I'll bet money on it.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I can outrun any mustang on this forum with my Toyota 4Runner if I get to choose the venue. I'll bet money on it.
Ill race you from a dig up until about 40mph, I heard that's the sweet spot for me.
Sponsored