Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Ford is NOT going to fix it ... The 2018 is coming out and they could careless about the 2015 to 2017 Mustangs ..6G mustangs are just an and old Mustang in fords eyes .. They will just blow us off till the warrantee is gone ..
Sponsored

NSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 7 Series
Ford is NOT going to fix it ... The 2018 is coming out and they could careless about the 2015 to 2017 Mustangs ..6G mustangs are just an and old Mustang in fords eyes .. They will just blow us off till the warrantee is gone ..
The 2018 cars are also S550's, aren't they? It'll be interesting to see if Ford has figured out the problem :popcorn:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
The 2018 cars are also S550's, aren't they? It'll be interesting to see if Ford has figured out the problem :popcorn:
I remember reading that they made some changes to the IRS system .

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
181 pages and I have not seen that I recall any Ford Reps stepping in this thread like they have on other threads .. That makes me believe they don't have an answer or a fix for the problem .. Looks to me that they put this thread on ignore ..

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
A common thread of these vibrations is they often dont show up until after you put 4000 miles on your new car!!!

Sponsored

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
181 pages and I have not seen that I recall any Ford Reps stepping in this thread like they have on other threads .. That makes me believe they don't have an answer or a fix for the problem .. Looks to me that they put this thread on ignore ..
If anyone from FORD gave a S**t your right, they would be here. the reps are just that. They are here to show an attempt and nothin more. Smoke and mirrors. Draging you along until you give up, file lawsuit, trade it off, LL, or who knows what. They are the middle man between you and the dealer to further extend the time it takes for your warranty to run out. JMO

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
As a owner owners of one of these defective vibrating mustangs I commend the enduring efforts put forth by everyone who is trying to fix this major problem. However, we should not have to be doing this and it's time for Ford to step in and fix their screw up for everyone with a real solution. It's obvious to me its not the driveshaft in balance, defective differentials or tires. I am tired of the excuses and stall tactics put forth by the Ford representatives. I think its time for us to escalate our efforts by starting to address our problem directly to the administrative and management staff who in my opinion are very aware that the problem is real and have a one hundred percent fix available. I suggest we start this movement by contacting Mr. Michael Berardi, Director of Service Engineering Operation Ford Customer Service Division, and then move up the management ladder. Is anyone with me?
I'm all for it. Done you have any direct contact information?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
"Ford Service", which used to be a bunch of the Ford Reps sharing that user ID on here has exited this forum (and many others from what has been said). No one seems to know why, but I'd be willing to speculate it has something to do with Ford Execs losing their bonuses due to excessive warranty claims within the first 3 months of new vehicle ownership.

I think that Ford pulled those Reps because their sole job was to:
1) Stay on these forums to gather complaints regarding warranty issues OR quality issues
2) reach out to those members with complaints to offer priority assistance
3) work directly with a Dealers to bump or prioritize the customers vehicle and complaints
4) try to "buy" the customers satisfaction... I'm not getting into it here, too lengthy, but if you want to read more - check out my response in the below thread I started about the Execs losing their bonuses.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83465&highlight=Bonuses

I will say when "Ford Service" was active on this site, they were helpful and they did offer assistance to new vehicle owners. It's a damn shame Ford yanked them from every forum they were on.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As a owner owners of one of these defective vibrating mustangs I commend the enduring efforts put forth by everyone who is trying to fix this major problem. However, we should not have to be doing this and it's time for Ford to step in and fix their screw up for everyone with a real solution. It's obvious to me its not the driveshaft in balance, defective differentials or tires. I am tired of the excuses and stall tactics put forth by the Ford representatives. I think its time for us to escalate our efforts by starting to address our problem directly to the administrative and management staff who in my opinion are very aware that the problem is real and have a one hundred percent fix available. I suggest we start this movement by contacting Mr. Michael Berardi, Director of Service Engineering Operation Ford Customer Service Division, and then move up the management ladder. Is anyone with me?

If you think you can get movement, count me in too.

I've already posted before that I emailed Bill Ford, as well as the prior CEO who was just canned and a couple other high level folks. Emails were valid addresses, as I never received any failure notices. I never received jack back from ANYONE at Ford, not even anyone who you would think would be vetting such emails from concerned customers.

So, if you think you have better pull than any of us who have tried, there's many who would join to throw our 2-cents in for damn sure.

I have a folder of work orders for warranty work done on this Mustang, which is nearly 2" thick with no bullshit added. My S550 has been in Dealer Service more times than I've driven it. As I stated in my reply in the Ford Exec thread, that free Sirius Radio trial given with the purchase of a new Ford, well, my car was down so many times that the trial ran out before i could even really use it.

This S550 that I bought new, has had more warranty work and parts replaced than my 1994 Cobra which has 144k original miles on it, with original drivetrain.

I have frigging email correspondences between me and Regional Ford CSRs regrading the driveline issues that I have had with my 2016 S550, it would make anyone's head spin. If I printed all of them, I'm certain it's close to 40-50 pages or more.

The only way I foresee getting ANY attention from Ford is to plaster their Social Media sites, rally at any public event they attend by having actual owners who are f'n fed up with the warranty issues by bringing their vehicles and stacks of paperwork supporting their frustrations.

It then comes down to as others have said:
Owners are pissed and really can't continue to fight and eventually give up.

There's not only this driveline issue - hell, what about all of the AC Evap Core failures? What about all of the other threads in this very forum of paint issues, body panel issues, engine issues, premature clutch failures, etc??!!

Plus, even folks who Lemon an S550 (or any Ford), that vehicle only gets thrown right back into the Ford used car pool again and someone else ends up buying it.... It's been proven as fact on here in the Lemon Law thread by owners who have Lemon'd and those vehicles are found on other Ford lots shortly after being bought back by Ford.

I've tried my part with starting the Lemon Law thread on here to putting info out there, by trying to get folks to post up their Lemon'd VIN so that the next buyer might hit it while searching a potential purchase....

I've tried to post as much info, including many of my work orders concerning the driveline issue in this very thread - left very detailed responses too.

But guess what, I'm one person, I can only do so much... And if others aren't willing to fight for what is right, then the whole effort fizzles out.

Ford Engineering definitely knows about this driveline issue, it's not some big secret.

I've heard the "well, "X" has been redesigned on the 2018", but no one will elaborate what exactly has been changed for the driveline issue.... So everyone can keep posting the same line, but it doesn't help until the community knows exactly WHAT had been revised....

Go for it! :D:cheers:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Mine is two years in and almost 30k miles. Just had the vibration show up in the past two weeks. Tires rebalanced twice, local tire shop even thought I had a bent wheel (which a wheel repair shop verified it did not, kudos to them). Going to the dealer tomorrow, let me know if this seems like what others in this (very long!) thread have seen. Vibration is between 65 and 75, but most severe at 70 and gets better, but does not go away, above 75. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A common thread of these vibrations is they often don't show up until after you put 4000 miles on your new car!!!
I noticed mine on the drive home from the dealership. Day 1. However, there are many who have it crop up sometime later.

Blake

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
"Ford Service", which used to be a bunch of the Ford Reps sharing that user ID on here has exited this forum (and many others from what has been said). No one seems to know why, but I'd be willing to speculate it has something to do with Ford Execs losing their bonuses due to excessive warranty claims within the first 3 months of new vehicle ownership.

I think that Ford pulled those Reps because their sole job was to:
1) Stay on these forums to gather complaints regarding warranty issues OR quality issues
2) reach out to those members with complaints to offer priority assistance
3) work directly with a Dealers to bump or prioritize the customers vehicle and complaints
4) try to "buy" the customers satisfaction... I'm not getting into it here, too lengthy, but if you want to read more - check out my response in the below thread I started about the Execs losing their bonuses.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83465&highlight=Bonuses

I will say when "Ford Service" was active on this site, they were helpful and they did offer assistance to new vehicle owners. It's a damn shame Ford yanked them from every forum they were on.
I think they got the boot over declining fortunes at Ford. Tuff to see them lose their jobs. They were very pleasant to me when I was buying.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/05/16/ford-expects-to-cut-1400-office-jobs.html

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Yeah strange that mine took over 4k miles. Spoke to them today and they are going to try to balance the driveline. Has that been mentioned in this mondo thread before?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I've had mine in a couple of times and they finally did notice the vibration after I took one of the techs out onto the turnpike and got it up to 62 miles an hour and he could really feel it, he submitted his findings two Ford late this afternoon and is waiting for them to advise him on how to proceed

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yeah strange that mine took over 4k miles. Spoke to them today and they are going to try to balance the driveline. Has that been mentioned in this mondo thread before?
Many times over ... along with a half dozen other possible fixes. Hope they find the cause, keep us posted.
Sponsored