Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25

Sponsored

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
how livable is having black? i think it probably looks the best on these cars (especially the R with matte black/red stripes) but how hard is it to keep looking clean? nothing looks better than a clean black car, they just don't stay that way for very long.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
how livable is having black? i think it probably looks the best on these cars (especially the R with matte black/red stripes) but how hard is it to keep looking clean? nothing looks better than a clean black car, they just don't stay that way for very long.
I did a paint correction with an orbital, prep, and then two coats of Opti gloss ceramic coating. That took a whole day, but now that it's done, the black gets dusty quickly but can also be washed off easily and quickly. I'm still very happy with it.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Originally Posted by censport View Post
I did a paint correction with an orbital, prep, and then two coats of Opti gloss ceramic coating. That took a whole day, but now that it's done, the black gets dusty quickly but can also be washed off easily and quickly. I'm still very happy with it.
Same here... Paint correction and then had the car ceramic coated with Ceramic Pro.

It makes keeping a black car super easy to keep clean. As [MENTION=29009]Demonic[/MENTION] mentions the car gets dusty but its easily washed off. The car never needs to be waxed again and always has a super glossy shine.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I guess I need to look into the ceramic stuff. Around here it's not real popular and most detailing businesses are a one man deal on Facebook. Kinda scares me

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I guess I need to look into the ceramic stuff. Around here it's not real popular and most detailing businesses are a one man deal on Facebook. Kinda scares me
Real easy if the entire car is covered by Xpel Ultimate :D

Makes quick cleaning an absolute breeze and stress free, and it beads 100% of the time like it JUST got a coat of wax. I also seal it with Xpel's sealant product and may wax it as well for extra protection, but not necessary.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Anxiously awaiting to get back home and get the R back out on the road, little over 5500kms on her so far!
2017 GT350R - 8.jpg

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm busy this month, but I plan on soon putting together a complete DIY on how I did the paint correction, paint prep, and ceramic coating.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'm busy this month, but I plan on soon putting together a complete DIY on how I did the paint correction, paint prep, and ceramic coating.
that'd be great, love learning to do my own stuff when possible...then you hafta trust no one with your car lol:cheers:

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
with ceramic coating such as opti-coat pro it helps protect from light scratches from washing correct? black shows scratches super easily.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I barely drive mine right now it's only got 1k miles on it so far but I am always very careful when washing especially around the stripes... When I start tracking it soon I'll most likely do a clear wrap on the car.
Sponsored