bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Didn't realize this was an answer to my question. Guess I don't understand how questions and answers work :headbonk:

Do you feel the front of that 9 second car lift off the ground or do you just know it lifted because someone got a photo of it? Guess folks ride roller coasters because it looks cool...or because of the way it feels?
HOW the F&%K can people know how YOU FEEL? Your asking a question to the public that only YOU can answer for yourself!!!!!:doh: Some people ride a roller coster and it's the thrill of their life. Some are like whatever. I feel that way about skydiving. Can you explain to me why I don't get as much of a thrill out of skydiving as some other people??????

OP
OP
merc123

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
One thing I was thoroughly impressed with was how quiet my interior is on my 2017 GT. I couldn't say the same for my 2013 Scion FR-S or 2002 Camaro SS.

It's actually quite comfortable for a DD on good roads even with the PP. The softness of the premier trim seats feel great too.
No comparison. The quietness is even better than my wife's 2013 Dodge and more comfortable. To me it rides like a dream. It'll be my DD and even with the PP package still rides smoother than what I had. But 15 years of advancements will do that.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
My guess is merc123 didn't drive the gt flat out gear to gear the entire time during his test drive. Do that and it is a damn fast car. Criticize all you guys want about normal spirited driving, but it's not just FEEL , it's just not that quick in the lower/normal rpm. And my wife and I didn't think we needed to push the pedal farther and rev higher to have a fun pull. As soon as someone mentions unimpressive lower rpm performance it becomes non sense. It is non sense if racing around the track all day but most don't do that. It's not always about the 1/4 times. So to help Merc out he just wants ideas of what to make it actually run stronger. Not just saying he is wrong.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah ok. Let it rev out in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and tell me you don't have the biggest damn grin on your face marveling at how it doesn't let-up noticeably.

Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Yeah ok. Let it rev out in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and tell me you don't have the biggest damn grin on your face marveling at how it doesn't let-up noticeably.
Honestly when I did that is really was awesome. But realistically I'm only ever going to do it in second and not even fully in third to often let alone the other gears because of the serious speed even in third wound out. And in an automatic unless your full throttle it will shift much earlier and keep you out of the fun revs. I have said WAY too many times it really is awesome when driving it like that. I just don't have the opportunity to drive like that in my area that much. I just want quick solid low end torque from turn to turn and effortless passing cars on the highway. I've not a problem in the world if that is not important to others but for me it is. But don't tell me in stock form that I am wrong about the lower power. 2500 to 3500 is not very strong. And I'm pretty sure for most people especially car enthusiest and racers, if it doesn't feel quick, its not quick.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly when I did that is really was awesome. But realistically I'm only ever going to do it in second and not even fully in third to often let alone the other gears because of the serious speed even in third wound out. And in an automatic unless your full throttle it will shift much earlier and keep you out of the fun revs. I have said WAY too many times it really is awesome when driving it like that. I just don't have the opportunity to drive like that in my area that much. I just want quick solid low end torque from turn to turn and effortless passing cars on the highway. I've not a problem in the world if that is not important to others but for me it is. But don't tell me in stock form that I am wrong about the lower power. 2500 to 3500 is not very strong. And I'm pretty sure for most people especially car enthusiest and racers, if it doesn't feel quick, its not quick.
Which is why all the OEMs put small turbos on their turbocharged engines to get that low-end punch at the sacrifice of top-end.

I appreciate the characteristic powerband of the Coyote vs. say, LSx or LT1 engines. It's more enjoyable to drive a revvy engine for me that doesn't run out of steam than one that's all low-end and fades after the mid-range. Not everyone loves it, but I do.

OP
OP
merc123

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
Need some more seat time I guess and try the different driving modes. I do like the sport steering mode though. Much better feel. Dang there's that pesky "feel" word again...

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
OP - this is pretty subjective and I'm pretty sure I can't change your mind.

You can look at the statistics regarding dyno numbers on paper between the cars, compare gears, etc. If you truly drove a GT/PP I doubt you would post saying it felt the way it did. I'd drop a 50 on the dash and say it is yours if you could grab it while I accelerated. That is how confident I am about the acceleration.

You couldn't grab it in my 89 LX and you sure in the heck wouldn't reach it in my stock 2015 GT/PP. 3.73's move through the gears so fast it isn't even funny and before you know it you are in the ticket zone. Been there, done that.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Which is why all the OEMs put small turbos on their turbocharged engines to get that low-end punch at the sacrifice of top-end.

I appreciate the characteristic powerband of the Coyote vs. say, LSx or LT1 engines. It's more enjoyable to drive a revvy engine for me that doesn't run out of steam than one that's all low-end and fades after the mid-range. Not everyone loves it, but I do.
I do love it too but I think I have driven too many turbo cars over the years lately and just enjoy the low end pull more especially as a daily driver in my tight back roads. And it does suck in the ecoboost to hit 5500 and everything just starts to seriously flatten out.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I make about 100 more tq to the wheels at 3500 rpm than a full bolt on new edge does peak and more hp at 2500 than it will peak, and I just have a CAI and tune. Making about 365 wtq at 3500 and 390 peak at 4250. Either you're just driving it oddly or you're making stuff up about feeling slower lol. There's just no other way around it with the same rear gears, massively more power and tq at all ranges and the s550 having more aggressive gearing to boot and only weighing about 200lb more.

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
OP - I know where you are coming from. I was in the same boat when I first test drove the GT/PP back in late 2014. At the time I was driving a modified 300 HP GTI so I figured going to a GT wouldn't really feel like a step down. However I remember that first test drive and I was left wondering this is it? The engine was not responsive and the overall feeling I got was not what a 435 HP should feel like. Since I was planning on modding the car I just decided to get it anyway. After doing the tune/cai/exhaust the car now feels like a 400+ HP car should feel like.

RaceRed17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP Race Red
Like some others have said, Sport mode on my 2017 PP makes it feel much different. The power is immediately available. Just depends on how you drive it. Normal mode is still quick, you just have to ask for it more, which I like for driving in heavy traffic.

Switching to IRS combined with better sound insulation this generation is mostly what changed the feel of the car to me, but I still have no trouble getting planted in my seat!

Being in the "right" gear for your intended purpose is a big part too.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
My guess is merc123 didn't drive the gt flat out gear to gear the entire time during his test drive. Do that and it is a damn fast car. Criticize all you guys want about normal spirited driving, but it's not just FEEL , it's just not that quick in the lower/normal rpm. And my wife and I didn't think we needed to push the pedal farther and rev higher to have a fun pull. As soon as someone mentions unimpressive lower rpm performance it becomes non sense. It is non sense if racing around the track all day but most don't do that. It's not always about the 1/4 times. So to help Merc out he just wants ideas of what to make it actually run stronger. Not just saying he is wrong.
What do you mean by gear to gear? Pulling from 3000 to 6000?
Sponsored