Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Besides it being an R, the VIN doesnt have any of that info.
Sure does.
Give the vin to your dealers parts department guy and he can tell you the options by the vin. (If the cars already produced)
Interior options
Color
Engine
Trans
Diff
Gear
If it has stripes
Radio
Etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I saw an R owner on FB who recently took delivery and it was FAST. Just a few weeks from Vin to driving the thing.
Yes, cars are moving quickly into production. fastest I have ever seen
Besides it being an R, the VIN doesnt have any of that info.
That is exactly what the vin is made up of. Run the VIN on any car you own and you decode all the options it originally came with. Each manufacturer has specific decoders for their VIN

Sure does.
Give the vin to your dealers parts department guy and he can tell you the options by the vin. (If the cars already produced)
Interior options
Color
Engine
Trans
Diff
Gear
If it has stripes
Radio
Etc.
Tricky part is the car is not built yet..... But I got it worked out.

Thanks all

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Not asking for the dealership's name but is it South area off 99 corridor or elsewhere?

Maybe things are different now but prior to buying my GT/PP I could not find anyone willing to work. Granted the 350's just started to roll in so demand was high and premiums prevailed.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not asking for the dealership's name but is it South area off 99 corridor or elsewhere?

Maybe things are different now but prior to buying my GT/PP I could not find anyone willing to work. Granted the 350's just started to roll in so demand was high and premiums prevailed.
I was, and still am, unable to find anything close tonsricker locally. This will be a fly and tow expedition

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Man, today has been emotional.

Got my VIN for the R yesterday and was super excited. Also confirmed pricing was at MSRP, but noticed the pricing seemed a little low for the options I ordered. I searched the car in COTUS and my heart dropped. The R electronics package was left off. It was late in the day when I discovered this so I scrambled to contact the dealer. I had a feeling all hope was lost since the car already had a VIN assigned. I also had a deposit placed on my car Wednesday, and was scheduled to complete the sale today.

My brain kept swirling with questions. Can changes be made? Would I be able to get an 18 allocation? Could I add the stereo after? Should I still sell my car? Should I buy a Raptor instead? Where is Iron Man when I need him? Spoke with my salesman and he wanted to throw up also. Told me he would work on it and get back to me.

Sold my GT350 this morning. Got 62k for it which was right close to my asking price. Car ended up selling mostly as advertised with a few things removed. The new owner loved the wheels, so I was sad to see them go. Everyone at the bank came outside to see it and couldn't believe I let it go.

As I am completing the transfer documents to the new owner I get a call from my salesman. He informed me they were able to change the order and get the electronics package added back in. I do not know how, but I am thankful.

Will be tough living without the Shelby for a few. Good news I was able to pay off all my student loans with the positive cash I have and still have a decent amount left over for the down payment on the R. Will be almost debt free save for the new ride.

Appreciate everyone who has been following along, and the gentleman that put me onto this allocation. I will introduce him and the dealership when the car arrives.

Now I wait......

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Man, today has been emotional.

Got my VIN for the R yesterday and was super excited. Also confirmed pricing was at MSRP, but noticed the pricing seemed a little low for the options I ordered. I searched the car in COTUS and my heart dropped. The R electronics package was left off. It was late in the day when I discovered this so I scrambled to contact the dealer. I had a feeling all hope was lost since the car already had a VIN assigned. I also had a deposit placed on my car Wednesday, and was scheduled to complete the sale today.

My brain kept swirling with questions. Can changes be made? Would I be able to get an 18 allocation? Could I add the stereo after? Should I still sell my car? Should I buy a Raptor instead? Where is Iron Man when I need him? Spoke with my salesman and he wanted to throw up also. Told me he would work on it and get back to me.

Sold my GT350 this morning. Got 62k for it which was right close to my asking price. Car ended up selling mostly as advertised with a few things removed. The new owner loved the wheels, so I was sad to see them go. Everyone at the bank came outside to see it and couldn't believe I let it go.

As I am completing the transfer documents to the new owner I get a call from my salesman. He informed me they were able to change the order and get the electronics package added back in. I do not know how, but I am thankful.

Will be tough living without the Shelby for a few. Good news I was able to pay off all my student loans with the positive cash I have and still have a decent amount left over for the down payment on the R. Will be almost debt free save for the new ride.

Appreciate everyone who has been following along, and the gentleman that put me onto this allocation. I will introduce him and the dealership when the car arrives.

Now I wait......
I'll let you borrow mine until you get your R if you can get me 62K for mine too. :cheers:

I'm seriously considering selling mine too. I tallied up my receipts...

$26K. fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk.:headbonk:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'll let you borrow mine until you get your R if you can get me 62K for mine too. :cheers:

I'm seriously considering selling mine too. I tallied up my receipts...

$26K. fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk.:headbonk:
Oh snap! What would you get next?

Post it up and see what happens

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Oh snap! What would you get next?

Post it up and see what happens
I'm going to get a raptor ( local dealer has a few 17s on their back lock that they'll sell for sticker if your bro is still looking). I'm going to order an 18 so I can get exactly what I want.

As for what replaces the fast car... I just sold my g63 and my tesla.

I decided that it is time to have less cars, but go big.

Once I get everything sold my current contestants list is:

-used 675LT
-430 w/ full TT build
-458 ( that I'd do twins on)
-05/06 Ford GT. I regret selling the one I had. I'm considering getting another and doing twins on it as well.

Ultimately, I do enjoy hitting the track, but I've been insanely interested in running the texas mile. I've driven it before, but never built a real car for it. I have a strong desire to be in the 200 MPH club.

Make no mistake, I love my GT350, but I'm at the point right now that I either go all in and drop some big money into it, or I pass it on to someone else. I even bought a supercharger for it, then returned it because i couldn't bring myself to go FI on the car.

I'll also say that my interaction with Ford over the warranty work that was done to my transmission, etc colors my opinion of the car.

Never ever had an issue with any ford truck products that I've purchased, which is why I'm going raptor.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm going to get a raptor ( local dealer has a few 17s on their back lock that they'll sell for sticker if your bro is still looking). I'm going to order an 18 so I can get exactly what I want.

As for what replaces the fast car... I just sold my g63 and my tesla.

I decided that it is time to have less cars, but go big.

Once I get everything sold my current contestants list is:

-used 675LT
-430 w/ full TT build
-458 ( that I'd do twins on)
-05/06 Ford GT. I regret selling the one I had. I'm considering getting another and doing twins on it as well.

Ultimately, I do enjoy hitting the track, but I've been insanely interested in running the texas mile. I've driven it before, but never built a real car for it. I have a strong desire to be in the 200 MPH club.

Make no mistake, I love my GT350, but I'm at the point right now that I either go all in and drop some big money into it, or I pass it on to someone else. I even bought a supercharger for it, then returned it because i couldn't bring myself to go FI on the car.

I'll also say that my interaction with Ford over the warranty work that was done to my transmission, etc colors my opinion of the car.

Never ever had an issue with any ford truck products that I've purchased, which is why I'm going raptor.
My brother ended up buying a Raptor locally. Paid a little more, but got exactly what he wanted and some immediate gratification. He loves it, and I think I will follow suit in a few years.

Based on your list it looks like you are in a whole different tax bracket brother. Anything from those choices will are still dream cars. You have the best problems :thumbsup:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
My brother ended up buying a Raptor locally. Paid a little more, but got exactly what he wanted and some immediate gratification. He loves it, and I think I will follow suit in a few years.

Based on your list it looks like you are in a whole different tax bracket brother. Anything from those choices will are still dream cars. You have the best problems :thumbsup:
#startuplife

got in early... got paid.

i also bought a few exotics at their bottom. stored em, made an average 457% profit when i sold them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Reminiscing about old times and came across the last pictures of the car I had never posted. Two were taken down at Knotts by my good buddy @Jwautoworks on the Gram. The other two were taken by @Conley916 who is a photographer that works with my sponsor Imperial works.

Upon reflection it was interesting to see how polarizing my build was. Some people loved it and reached out to me via PM or on Instagram to ask questions or give thanks. Others hated it and commented so publicly or just never posted in my build. Either way it was well worth the journey, and it will be interesting to see what the next chapter brings....

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Upon reflection it was interesting to see how polarizing my build was. Some people loved it and reached out to me via PM or on Instagram to ask questions or give thanks. Others hated it and commented so publicly or just never posted in my build. Either way it was well worth the journey, and it will be interesting to see what the next chapter brings....
That's just because some can't handle your non-matching wheels. :lol:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Getting closer :frusty:
2017-06-12 (2)_LI.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The real nail biting begins now. Good luck!