Sponsored

Tony's Twin Turbo GTT350 Live on Facebook

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Hey everyone, if you have been following Tony's GT350 build and want to ask us some questions or just watch us fumble around live on Facebook head over to our Facebook page around 4-4:30pm est today.

www.facebook.com/fathousefab

We will be with the car doing a walk around, starting the car up so you can hear how it sounds and answering your questions.

I hope to see a lot of you there!

GT350-Full-Engine-Shot.jpg

GTT35-Underside-Fully-Installed.jpg

GTT350-Dyno.jpg
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I don't know if i could ever bring myself to TT this engine but damn, that setup looks hot

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Sweet setup.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I don't know if i could ever bring myself to TT this engine but damn, that setup looks hot
i was thinking the same thing, but in a very different way....

those turbos look like they'll raise oil temps significantly based on their proximity to the pan. ( wouldnt be surprised if after a longer track session if the belly pan melts a little too.)

I'm hoping that the trans cooler rig is flowing 4 ish GPM, or that trans is going to get pretty toasty as well.

I personally could not do this in louisiana. too hot 6 months out of the year. I'd also be really unhappy with not being able to run a front brace.

The workmanship looks absolutely stellar though. I hope that my commentary ends up as me just being a jealous dick and that no heat soak issues manifest.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks awesome.

Once the car is up and running I am curious to see if there are any NVH issues due to the exhaust hangars attached to the transmission mount

Is that Y block hard mounted to the transmission casing? The two bolt holes right above it might be a good place for a custom bracket if it is only held in place by zip ties. I cant really see by the photos.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Unreal. Workmanship looks off the charts.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
turbos mean intercoolers means way more air needed. lots more air through the grill. Stock 350 closes the grill at speed to control airflow under the hood. You can see the grill has been opened up allot, so is this thing going blow the hood off at speed. All the extra air ends up under the car something ford is trying to control.????/

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Was that base/tech car looks like a home made tyranny cooler line coming from tyranny drain plug?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
turbos mean intercoolers means way more air needed. lots more air through the grill. Stock 350 closes the grill at speed to control airflow under the hood. You can see the grill has been opened up allot, so is this thing going blow the hood off at speed. All the extra air ends up under the car something ford is trying to control.????/
He needs a set of those gilled front fenders off that GT500 prototype running around. :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Ill try and address all the questions here, I apologize if I miss some.

Road Racing - This setup isnt intended to be road raced heavily, obviously 800+ hp turbo car is not ideal for road racing application. However we do feel confident that the heat coatings, heat blankets and coolers will do the job and keep the car cool enough for Tony to enjoy the occasional track trip with absolutely no issues on the street.

Vibrations have been an issue from the start and we have made changes along the way to compensate for them. The Voodoo engine puts out a lot of NVH so we knew going in it would be a hurdle. We have it where we feel comfortable now, and dont expect any issues.

As far as the hood blowing off unless there is an inherent issue from Ford we should not have a problem. We have done similar kits on GT cars and various other platforms over the years and never seen that kind of issue.

We did a custom transmission cooler as well as a rear differential cooler for Tony's car, it was a Tech car to start.

Thank you everyone for the compliments we are very happy with how the kit came out!

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I've been following Tony's build on fb, hope everything works out ok

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo

Here is a startup, rev and walk around video.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for posting! It's really easy to criticize someone's work, but being one of those people leading with new components or putting new custom systems together is difficult.

Amazing fab and design. Good work!

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Thanks Hack!!

DrumReaper if we get a chance to put it on some scales I will post the weight. I asked my fab guy and he said 82.6lbs haha.

I weighted the turbos and intercooler and together they weigh 56lbs, prob 20 more lbs of lines, pumps, pipes etc. so my guess is less than 100lbs overall
Sponsored