Sponsored

Trans cooling solution for '16 non- track pack

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Shelby GT500 KR, 2016 Shelby GT350
Have any of you tried Shelby America's Transmission Cooling Air Scoop? Here is a link to it.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

I talked to Jimmy at SA today and I asked him if it had really been track tested and on a non-track pack pre '17 gt350. He told me that yes, it had been tested on the track on a pre-'17 non track pack car and the car did great on the track.

If this is true, for $200, that would be great! Has anyone tried it? They have a PDF on their web site and installation looks like a breeze.

Comments?
Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Have any of you tried Shelby America's Transmission Cooling Air Scoop? Here is a link to it.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

I talked to Jimmy at SA today and I asked him if it had really been track tested and on a non-track pack pre '17 gt350. He told me that yes, it had been tested on the track on a pre-'17 non track pack car and the car did great on the track.

If this is true, for $200, that would be great! Has anyone tried it? They have a PDF on their web site and installation looks like a breeze.

Comments?
I bought one. If your track day temps are below 80 degrees F, it will work to stave off limp mode for at least 1 session.

If you truly want to keep temps down systematically, you'll want to install a cooler of some sort.

Also keep in mind that any of the front braces that help decrease tramlining do not fit with the shelby scoop. ( and food for thought, the BMR 4 point does not fit with headers, however the steeda 2 point does.)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here has been a thread of a few that tried it and still hit limp mode.

OP
OP

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Shelby GT500 KR, 2016 Shelby GT350
Ok, well pooh! Thank you for the replies. Wife's car still relegated to road trips and cruises, my '17 is getting roll cage 5 point harnesses, tow hooks, and hopefully brake line upgrades. She'll get to drive it.

Still pissed at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin for misrepresenting her car and pissed at myself for not being more thorough in my research.

Again, thanks for the replies.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I have it on my car. It does help. It is not a cure and as the others have said, if your temperatures are over 80 (perhaps even low 70's) you will still hit limp mode. I recently ran for two days and did not hit limp mode for the first time. It was unseasonably cool and I was only a few degrees away. I put it on as a stopgap measure until I can find time to swap out my transmission.
Sponsored