Sponsored

SVE vs MRR GT350 wheels...

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Totally unrelated to the thread but my dilemma has been tires. I'm fond of the Firehawk Indy 500 series and the MMR 350 wheels are asking for 305/30-19 I think and the Firehawks stop at 285/35 for 19's. I don't really want a 20" rim but that is a bit closer at 305/35R20.

I do like the rims. Those and some of the 5/6 spoke project 6's I think they are called. Tires always bust my rear :)
I am running 19x10 square with the Firehawk's in a 285/35-19, and highly recommend the setup. These tires are phenomenal for the $$
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Any noticable difference in the finishing ?
Looks like the MRR are powder coated gloss black and the SVE are painted .
I snagged a pair of the MRR 19x11 cheap and was looking to pair them with SVE 19x10 fronts(whenever they are available again).

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Can anyone confirm if the Gorilla lug nuts work with either or both the SVE and MRR wheels?

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I am running 19x10 square with the Firehawk's in a 285/35-19, and highly recommend the setup. These tires are phenomenal for the $$
What rims, sorry if I missed it or didn't catch. Does it require you to run any spacers or different lug nuts? I'm on a GT/PP so have to clear the brembo's.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What rims, sorry if I missed it or didn't catch. Does it require you to run any spacers or different lug nuts? I'm on a GT/PP so have to clear the brembo's.
MRR M350 19x10. No spacers required all the way around, will clear the Brembo brakes just fine.

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'd go SVE. My "cut to size" MRR wheels are a little too tight on the bore and are a bitch to get on and off, and what I originally thought was the tire shop doing wrong turned out to be sloppy hub boring from them.
WHAT??

I am having this same issue and am about to go back to the shop that installed my wheels as I was thinking that they possibly over torqued the lug nuts and somehow bent the lugs. I had to get underneath the car and bang the wheels off with a deadblow hammer.

So is this a commonality with these wheels?

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I suspect MMR and SVE have the same supplier some of their wheels like the 350 and the GT-7/S600

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't know if something changed, but IIRC SVE wheels were casts (flow formed), not rotary forged (flow forged).

The difference being that you are able to use less material for the same (or greater) strength. I got MMR's since roads where I'm from are deathtraps. If you've got smoother roads, or trust your ability to dodge holes, then there's no reason not to get SVE's.

Edit: I stand corrected. Flow forming is apparently the same as flow forging. If that's true, then there should be no difference. Which is slightly strange because 800 bucks for a set of semiforged 19" wheels is surely below cost... Something smells fishy.

Yes, be careful. There are essentially 3 types of wheels. Basic cast, Flow formed (improved cast), and forged. The improved cast/flow formed wheels use a dozen different terms, often implying they are forged.

I think the SVE wheels are made in China, and the MRR wheels are made in the USA. If that matters to you.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Yes, be careful. There are essentially 3 types of wheels. Basic cast, Flow formed (improved cast), and forged. The improved cast/flow formed wheels use a dozen different terms, often implying they are forged.

I think the SVE wheels are made in China, and the MRR wheels are made in the USA. If that matters to you.
Are you sure MMR is made in the USA? I was pretty sure they are made in China.
Sponsored