V6 vs GT MT

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I run E85 at $1.99 and get 11mpg, drive 6 miles round trip. Insurance comes out to 95$ a month. The only fragile ego is yours trying to justify a v6 with MPG... we are talking about a performance vehicle brah. FYI my car weighs 3546 without me in it and a quarter tank of gas, not exactly a pig. Unusable power? Lmfao, tell that too the guys throwing blowers on their coyotes.

Man that went right over your head
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
what was he talking about or is this just another GT owner trying to keep the rest of us down ? I bet mr Johnson will come into play next

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
They always trying to keep a brotha down!

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
my opinion has always been the same, get what you can afford.

if you are going to stay on the forum get a v8, but by your wording you are leaning more towards the v8, but even then it doesn't seem like you want a mustang to me.

hard to tell what this thread was exactly about

i myself bought the v6 when they came out, couldn't afford a gt and didn't like the styles of other newer cars.
coming from a 160hp car the v6 was enough for me, but now im used to the hp and want more, just like most of the people on here, 5.0's included

next car will either be the 2019 gt, or a truck depending where im at in my life.

Sponsored

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
Seeing as I have had a 2016 V6 and now a 2015 GT and have also driven an auto GT vert with 3.55s and a manual GT with 3.31s. I might be able to provide a little bit of help.

My GT is a PP so it is manual. My V6 was also a manual. It had 3.15s which left something to be desired, but I could floor it anywhere and still have fun with it. Throw on some BBK shorty headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, and an airaid intake paired with a MPT tune and you have a pretty fun car for not a whole lot of money, and surprisingly sounds pretty decent too!

Then a little while later I got the chance to drive a buddy's 2016 GT Premium vert auto with 3.55s, hands down the acceleration was glorious a feeling I never got with my V6, and the interior was a much nicer place to be.

Soon after I started looking and test drove a 2017 Grabber Blue base GT manual with 3.31s. I can say it was still quick and handled pretty well, was a little nose heavy compared to the V6 but it didn't really do it for me plus they had the car marked at 33k and would not come down any for what ever reason, and I just didn't want a base car anymore.

Then I found My car a 2015 GT Premium with every option you could get at the time. I was able to take it out by myself and it was exactly what I was looking for. It could accelerate hard and stop on a dime, yes the 3.73s don't help MPGs but at the same time who really cares! Also to note my insurance for my GT did not go up from my V6, that may differ for you.

A thing to consider is the aftermarket for the GT is huge where as the V6 is really lackluster. If you do decide to go the V6 route, I suggest either trans with the 3.55s not the 3.15s. If you go GT again either trans with the 3.55s or 3.73s if you get a performance pack car. All in all, don't let people dictate what YOU get. They already have their cars get something that YOU will enjoy. And if a Gt owner rags on you for having a V6, ask him where his Shelby is, there is always a bigger fish. :ford:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
V6 or V8

Like the commercial - Wow I could have had a V8. :lol: :lol:

I had a 1999 Mustang V6 & a 2005 Mustang V8.
The 2005 Stang was a lot more fun to drive. :D

:cheers:

:headbang:

:ford:
Sponsored

Last edited: