Sponsored

What timing advance are you hitting?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
My car with 93 octane gets about 27-28 at about 7000 rpm, if I had torco octane boost maybe closer to 30
Sponsored

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just don't get it. My car never gets more than 24 degrees in the big end and I'm commanding 26 degrees so far Ice trapped 113.9 and 88 mph in the 1/8. My car is over 4100 with me in it I still make up another 25 mph on top which shows the potential, and a good tune. I just need to get more mph on the front end
How is your base car 4100 with you in it? My premium track pack car like 4020 with me and a full tank and I'm 250 lbs.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Correct. I currently run my race, E85 tune all the time now. I keep the FF tune in my nGauge too just in case I can't find E85.

My main complaint with the FF tune is it just doesn't ramp up the timing quick enough. Very safe, very conservative that's for sure.

I can decipher my logs pretty well. So when I asked for a race-specific tune, I looked to see if the throttle blade is manipulated to simulate "more power" (like 10% pedal movement equals 40% throttle blade movement).

That was not the case at all with Lund. They did an awesome job with the fueling and timing. My throttle movements remained the same. That was important to me because I run the GT350 TB and it feels great. No bucking, no surging and the right amount of sensitivity that I prefer.
What's the minimal % of e85 you can safely run on the e85 race tune? E70?

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Remember guys, he has BONE STOCK car. So the car will not allow those higher numbers of ignition advance without knocking. On a full bolt on car, 30-31 on 93 is very doable, on E85, even more so. But on a stock car on 93 octane, 25-26 peak igntion advance at peak power is gold.

I think this is a very valuable bit of info alot of people either

A. dont know about or why its important
B dont care about because remote tuned or whatever.
or
C dont have a clue what it means to begin with.

Cam timing!

The Ti-VCT for intake AND exhaust but also being able to independently control each pair of cams is huge for what the coyote is capable of.

Quite frankly i dont think many tuners are very good at manipulating the VCT in order to minimize low end/rpm torque loss.

Id sure love to see more logs and see what the exhaust retard or advance is doing through the whole rpm range from idle to rev limit awsell.
I provided my VCT settings on an otherwise stock car or intake only car for testing. Once he gets headers, I have other VCT that will slightly change, but the biggest in VCT will come with a change of intake manifold. Surprisingly the s550 coyote requires little to no VCT adjustment with the addition of headers, but it does quite a bit with an intake manifold change. I COMPLETELY agree with you, 99% of the tuners in the coyote world DO NOT touch VCT. Missing out on so much power, I know from personal findings.

I will be doing E85 testing soon to find the sweet spot there as well on full bolt on Boss intake mani cars.

~Kris

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I just don't get it. My car never gets more than 24 degrees in the big end and I'm commanding 26 degrees so far Ice trapped 113.9 and 88 mph in the 1/8. My car is over 4100 with me in it I still make up another 25 mph on top which shows the potential, and a good tune. I just need to get more mph on the front end
Have you checked to see if you have any false knock from maybe the exhaust being loose?

Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
We did make some adjustments to the VCT intake/exhaust timing tables. The results were minimal. Way more noticeable with headers.
On N/A cars I normally see 10 to 12 rwhp from cam timing changes alone. I have seen some tuners leave them stock though.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
On N/A cars I normally see 10 to 12 rwhp from cam timing changes alone. I have seen some tuners leave them stock though.
What do you change? I run HP tuners.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Have you checked to see if you have any false knock from maybe the exhaust being loose?
Yes, I can send you logs if you wish. Sometimes I get a little knock but it's not repeatable. I took some timing out just to not get knock.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
What do you change? I run HP tuners.
Do dial in VCT you have to bracket the cam angles. Set exhaust to 0, start at 0 and advance your way forward on the intake cam until max advance and see where peak is at all RPM breakpoints to determine an intake cam phasing profile, then with the intake set, you retard the exhaust in the same manor, then build an exhaust cam phasing profile. Then you have your VCT dialed in for your setup. It takes time. Imagine a dyno pull for each cam position.

Yes, I can send you logs if you wish. Sometimes I get a little knock but it's not repeatable. I took some timing out just to not get knock.
Your not running headers so it's odd your seeing false knock.

Kris

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My car with the Lund FF tune and JLT intake - I've seen peak 29-30 on 93 octane with zero knock. E85 logs showed a peak of 30 as well. Max knock was 0 all the way throughout the powerband, nothing in positive.

Sponsored
OP
OP

stage3s4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, CO
thats about we saw here on my car which is bone stock. Pretty nice pickup in my opinion. Like Kris said I would leave to see what the difference is with a boss intake manifold. I may need to pick one up.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
How is your base car 4100 with you in it? My premium track pack car like 4020 with me and a full tank and I'm 250 lbs.
I'm 325. Plus spare tire, and helmet. I had gas in the car, but can't account for it. So from what I know on 19 inch rims and tires. I should say 4100+, but plan to measure it when the track turns the scales on.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Do dial in VCT you have to bracket the cam angles. Set exhaust to 0, start at 0 and advance your way forward on the intake cam until max advance and see where peak is at all RPM breakpoints to determine an intake cam phasing profile, then with the intake set, you retard the exhaust in the same manor, then build an exhaust cam phasing profile. Then you have your VCT dialed in for your setup. It takes time. Imagine a dyno pull for each cam position.

Your not running headers so it's odd your seeing false knock.

Kris
I have cat-deletes.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Tuners and cams

I think this is a very valuable bit of info alot of people either

A. dont know about or why its important
B dont care about because remote tuned or whatever.
or
C dont have a clue what it means to begin with.

Cam timing!

The Ti-VCT for intake AND exhaust but also being able to independently control each pair of cams is huge for what the coyote is capable of.

Quite frankly i dont think many tuners are very good at manipulating the VCT in order to minimize low end/rpm torque loss.

Id sure love to see more logs and see what the exhaust retard or advance is doing through the whole rpm range from idle to rev limit awsell.
You hit it on the head, my family in TN have an EFI business and they are trying to learn DOHC tuning now as chevy has it in the Gen6 Camaro's.
Sponsored