Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

BLU3 BYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Alright random question. A few seconds after I shut my car off, my flashers come on. I turn them off, and they continue to come back on. They will stay turned off if I have the car running but that's it. Any ideas or has someone else had this happen?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This looks nice

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
StangATX, i've got to back out this time around, puppy decided he wanted a taste of a chicken wing that decided to get stuck on it's way out... $1400 down

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Do you enjoy your Tesla head unit? I think I need one.
Im a bit of a android guy and I am new so take what I say with a grain of salt. The interface takes a but of getting used to.

Its quirky so if you launch certain apps the music stops, the WiFi strength is poor(which is a common issue with cheap Chinese android devices). The music stopping is a software thing. The Wifi is probably a hardware limitation.

The Camera inputs(reverse) work even if the device isnt booted up which makes me think its a overlay and not actually available in the android OS. So they will probably never be record-able, though there is a video recorder apps that appears to crash when launched.

It does have a bit of a learning curve, but I got past most of it in a day.

I only have a couple days with it, ill post back after I have used it more.

The sound quality seems a but better then stock, and I look forward to installing a front camera so i dont tear my front splitter off accidentally.

At the price I paid. It wouldnt have to do much to be worth it to me. lol.

On my GT350 I cant change the steering settings from the device. That might fixable with the forescan? software? Not a big deal to me

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The WiFi issue was resolved when I discovered they included a antenna that doesn't have a stinger to go into the female port of the unit. That's why mine has the extension cable that relocates the antenna and provides the correct connectors. You might want to review your antenna and make sure they sent you the correct type, unlike most of us. Since getting the cable and allowing the antenna to become functional, I see great signal strength in my garage, which is about 100 feet through my house.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The WiFi issue was resolved when I discovered they included a antenna that doesn't have a stinger to go into the female port of the unit. That's why mine has the extension cable that relocates the antenna and provides the correct connectors. You might want to review your antenna and make sure they sent you the correct type, unlike most of us. Since getting the cable and allowing the antenna to become functional, I see great signal strength in my garage, which is about 100 feet through my house.
Do you have a Gen 1 or 2? My unit only has a Antenna for the radio and GPS. Im not sure which one Wifi is connected to.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Thanks. How are you using OBDLink MX?

If you root can you point some of the apps to your own ones? like music etc?
What do you mean how? lol. I connect my HU on WiFi to it. I have the same OBDLink MX (Red/WiFi version).

Alright random question. A few seconds after I shut my car off, my flashers come on. I turn them off, and they continue to come back on. They will stay turned off if I have the car running but that's it. Any ideas or has someone else had this happen?
I don't remember how but a couple pages back someone found a way to make it work properly. You might wanna take a look at it. It's fixable. :thumbsup:

StangATX, i've got to back out this time around, puppy decided he wanted a taste of a chicken wing that decided to get stuck on it's way out... $1400 down
No problem! I hope your puppy will be fine though :cheers:

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of Group buy:

@usgiorgi : Waiting on confirmation...
@WarEagleGT : Waiting on confirmation...

@Prowl647 : Confirmed
@Marvinmadman :
Confirmed
@Fray_s550 :
Confirmed

The group buy ends this weekend. We need at least 2 more people to get it going.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What do you mean how? lol. I connect my HU on WiFi to it. I have the same OBDLink MX (Red/WiFi version).

I don't remember how but a couple pages back someone found a way to make it work properly. You might wanna take a look at it. It's fixable. :thumbsup:

No problem! I hope your puppy will be fine though :cheers:
Ah I didn't get the wifi version:frusty:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah I didn't get the wifi version:frusty:
The Bluetooth version should works with Torque app anyways... You might need to double check your settings.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Do you have a Gen 1 or 2? My unit only has a Antenna for the radio and GPS. Im not sure which one Wifi is connected to.
I have a Gen1. I didn't realize they integrated the WiFi antenna into the "brain" on the Gen2 unit. That kind of sucks.