Sponsored

Battery Dead

Pauliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT (Order to be placed 6/2015)
Seems like the original battery just died in my 18-month old 2016 Mustang GT. Car has 17,800 miles. Is that too soon for a battery to go out? What else could it be for so new a vehicle? Anyone else had this happen to your relatively new Mustang?
Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
2015 driven off lot Aug 2015. Battery dead jan 2017.

Only 5k miles driven.

Idiots at ford wanted the car there to be serviced. Asked them if that meant I needed to buy a new battery to get my damn car started so I could get it out of the back garage(because fuck getting a tow truck back there) only to drive it to Ford (or to spot a tow could get to it) and then replace the battery again so it would be dead.

Luckily the gal that sold me my car wad there that day(service dept was closed) and understood what I was getting at. Also remembered I grew up with the kids of the dealership owner.

So I was able to swap the battery out then and there without having to go through hoops to get a dead car down there.

For what it is worth my battery read 2.7 volts after maybe 1 month of not driving.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Mine was fine when I put the car away- been on the trickle-charger during winter, dead anyway. I'm the 3rd person in my family to have a dead Ford battery still under warranty, haha

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
Mine went out, too. Took it to my local dealership, they test & warrantied it no problem. They also kept it overnight to test for any drains (there were none) just in case it was something else killing the battery.
Sponsored