Sponsored

Octanium Tune

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have never measured the octane before but jon had no problem adding timing to mine.I will look at your log when i get home today.Are u running your tank all the way down before u mix the octanium.If u have two to three gallons of gas left when u put the octanium and 10 gallons your mix will be off.Also check and make sure your bap is on,dont know why he would have to add 7% more fuel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I have never measured the octane before but jon had no problem adding timing to mine.I will look at your log when i get home today.Are u running your tank all the way down before u mix the octanium.If u have two to three gallons of gas left when u put the octanium and 10 gallons your mix will be off.Also check and make sure your bap is on,dont know why he would have to add 7% more fuel.
I have the ratio correct, I have an advanced science degree and work with molecular ratios and conversions for a living (I don't mean this offensively, just stating that isn't the problem). I have a hard time believing the Sunoco 93 is that bad as that would put it closer to 88 octane, which would really piss me off. What is the best way to test the BAP? My FP% reads close to 200% WOT on the log, would it do that without the BAP on? The timing looked fine as it was hitting 19 no with no knock. He gave me a 21 degree tune but then said hold on due to the fuel leaning out.

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
I always mixed 8 gallons of 93 to a 32oz can just to be sure I had good octane. But in order for what he said to be true. That 93 had to be not so good.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I was going to let the current fuel run down to about 10 gallons left and then mix in 5 gallons of VP110. If the current fuel is really 95-96 this should put me over 100 for sure.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have the ratio correct, I have an adva. Ted science degree and work with molecular ratios and conversions for a living (I don't mean this offensively, just stating that isn't the problem). I have a hard time believing the Sunoco 93Lk f is that bad as that would put it closer to 88 octane, which would really piss me off. What is the best way to test the BAP? My FP% reads close to 200% WOT on the log, would it do that without the BAP on? The timing looked fine as it was hitting 19 no with no knock. He gave me a 21 degree tune but then said hold on due to the fuel leaning out.
Hey man the best way to test the bap is to use a volt meter,i believe its the red wire at the pedal sensor.When u tap into it u should have around 14.5 volts with just key on,then with just just key on engine off check the same wire and as u get to about half throttle u should start seeing the voltage rise as u slowley press the pedal to the floor.When to the floor u should be close to about 18 volts.Check for drop outs in voltage as your pressing the throttle.

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had a paxton setup with 3.6" and saw zero knock on 19deg advance lund tune on straight 93, this was supposed to be my Octanium tune I would imagine ones setup could run more if it acted similar to my car..Went from 14 to 19 Deg and that felt like a butt dyno 50hp gain.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I had a paxton setup with 3.6" and saw zero knock on 19deg advance lund tune on straight 93, this was supposed to be my Octanium tune I would imagine ones setup could run more if it acted similar to my car..Went from 14 to 19 Deg and that felt like a butt dyno 50hp gain.
I know I've seen Whipple cars runnning 19 degrees on pump as well on the same boost. 14-19 is a huge jump, I know I could feel 17-19.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Have you used this?
I have it coming soon, but my friend has been using it on Cali 91 octane gas with a 3.5" whipple upper pulley should be at 13 psi which needs 95 octane to sustain it. With ACES fuel lube/octane booster he will see 100 octane with his 91 pump gas. It's also cat safe. You should call Brian the owner of BND and see for yourself.

Sponsored

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have it coming soon, but my friend has been using it on Cali 91 octane gas with a 3.5" whipple upper pulley should be at 13 psi which needs 95 octane to sustain it. With ACES fuel lube/octane booster he will see 100 octane with his 91 pump gas. It's also cat safe. You should call Brian the owner of BND and see for yourself.
Have you had a chance running this yet?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Have you had a chance running this yet?
I've been running it for half a week now with. 3.5" pulley. 3.375" is on now with ACES and 93 which makes 102 octane. Whipple requires 100 octane fuel with a 3.375" pulley.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been running it for half a week now with. 3.5" pulley. 3.375" is on now with ACES and 93 which makes 102 octane. Whipple requires 100 octane fuel with a 3.375" pulley.
Have you logged at all with it?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Have you logged at all with it?
No logging yet, and since putting the 3.3" it's been raining so no traction. I have an NGauge and have the knocker up and will turn red numbers when it pulls timing. I've not seen red yet, and I'll be watching close when I go WOT with the 3.3". I will soon have full data logs though.
Sponsored