Votes: 7 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
37..Feel like I got mine just under the age where everyone is calling it a midlife crisis, although I've been asked a few times. I tell them I've always wanted a V8 sportscar, but I wasn't in a position to buy one until now. I deserve it too. I had to drive an upside down 05 hyundai sonata for a few years until I was out from under the loan..NOT a cool car.
Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is my fourth if you count a 67 Cougar.

inG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
I dont know about you guys but traction control and stability controls makes it hard to lose control :shrug:. Unless you think of yourself as a 'purist' and have to turn them off.
Even with it on...my tires are basically bald, have had the same Firelli GT package performance tires on it since I bought it with 27 miles on her (at 12,500 atm). When it rains with a combo of oil on the ground, she still spins out and barely grabs

Sponsored

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
29. First Mustang :D

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
To be completely honest, the cars and coffee crashes are generally from geezers who can't handle power. I'm not saying it's all the older folks but it's generally the 40+ who get a mustang as a midlife crisis vehicle thinking it's some sort of high end sports car and parade it around cars and coffee. It's really just perception

Part of cars and coffee accidents has to do with the phenomenon of the mustang. Cheap power in the hands of people who have no business owning that power...
Ha. I'd love to see your source from the crashes being mainly from old guys. I can tell you I was more likely to wrap my 210hp '85 GT around a pole when I was 17 than I am to put 2015 mustang into one now. I am 44.

If you really consider 40 to be old, well, even if you are in your 20s right now, you'll be surprised how quickly 40 ends up hitting you - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how old 40 does not feel.

As far as the mustang being a mid-life crisis car - I think you are getting confused with a corvette. :) I'd being willing to bet the majority of us 40+ year old geezers have had multiple mustangs in the past.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
26 now purchased at 23.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I am 62 and didn't want one until the current generation. This is the first one that got its own platform instead of a Falcon, Maverick, Pinto, Futura, etc. and independent rear suspension.

Last edited:

Snide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
To be completely honest, the cars and coffee crashes are generally from geezers who can't handle power. I'm not saying it's all the older folks but it's generally the 40+ who get a mustang as a midlife crisis vehicle thinking it's some sort of high end sports car and parade it around cars and coffee. It's really just perception

Part of cars and coffee accidents has to do with the phenomenon of the mustang. Cheap power in the hands of people who have no business owning that power...
Ha. I'd love to see your source from the crashes being mainly from old guys. I can tell you I was more likely to wrap my 210hp '85 GT around a pole when I was 17 than I am to put 2015 mustang into one now. I am 44.

If you really consider 40 to be old, well, even if you are in your 20s right now, you'll be surprised how quickly 40 ends up hitting you - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how old 40 does not feel.

As far as the mustang being a mid-life crisis car - I think you are getting confused with a corvette. :) I'd being willing to bet the majority of us 40+ year old geezers have had multiple mustangs in the past.
:amen:

Commy's post is far out. Like fake news. :lol:

Sponsored

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Ha, I just turned 25 so that must make me old at a quarter century
That's one of the scariest ages to me. I don't want to be able to say I'm a quarter century old. :eyebulge:

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I gave up riding motorcycles after riding way too fast for way too long. I have always wanted to see how fast they would top out at. My personal best was 175 out in the back country. I finally decided that too many cagers were not paying attention to their driving and it was becoming too dangerous to ride any more. Eight years ago i sold my last bike and bought my 2nd Mustang. I am now on my 4th Mustang and i enjoy the hell out of it, even if i don't max out the top end any more. With mostly commuting and the occasional canyon run on a weekend, I am quite happy to just enjoy my car now. Throw in the M6G Socal meet ups with a cruise and it is all good. Oh yea, 64.:)

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
Bought my 2017 GT when I was 20. Going to be getting a GT350 in about a year.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is my second Mustang and my first new one. I bought mine when I was 55 now I'm 57 wouldn't trade her for anything. Mustang is in my soul my dad bought my mom a brand new 1968 candy apple red hard top. My brother had a 68 gold convertible that looked sweet. He also had a 72 sportsroof with the sprint package and bought a brand new 76 Cobra II white with the blue stripes. In 2008 I bought a 79 mustang notch back with the 2.8 v6. Had to sell her ran into a hard spot. I'll be a Mustanger until the day I die. :ford: :thumbsup:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Age is not a factor !

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 390 - 16 years old.
1999 Ford Mustang V6 - 36 years old
2005 Ford Mustang GT - 42 years old
2017 Ford Mustang GT - 53 years old (on order)

Your never too old to get back into the saddle. :cheers:
When you stop riding a Pony your life is not the same. ;)
Sponsored