OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
In the video i posted i hear some in cabin noise of the Krona but am not sure is thats road noise, exhaust noise, or neither. Even with long tubes it doesnt sound like he needs to speak loudly to be heard and he says the radio can be heard on low volume (to me this is ~14). The problem here is it may be impossible for some of us to hear it in person befor buying bc these sets are not common.
Base stereo on 14 is very easy to hear. In fact since getting this system, I often turn it down and roll down the windows to hear it better, no lie. His title describes the Krona perfectly, "The best exhaust you've never heard of." Also, he's catless in that video, yet it's still got great tone and sounds manageable in the cabin. You know you want the Krona, so go for it! You won't be disappointed.
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Personally im in the air between the s-type, ford racing touring, and this.
I heard the s-type and like it. The fr touring sounds good in videos. The krona kind of sounds like a mix of both with the gt500 mufflers dabbed in.

I know i probably wont hear the Krona in person but if the FR and borla are only 80% there ill give this one a try, i just worry about in cabin noise and boom. I hate how the AM videos really condense and cut off the top end of the sound and are juat bad in general.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I mean there is alao this video Krona has on their youtube channel. To me this has sounded the most like an old 60s muscle car. Yes the cammed tune helps but the exhaust shapes it nicely.
[ame]

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I mean there is alao this video Krona has on their youtube channel. To me this has sounded the most like an old 60s muscle car. Yes the cammed tune helps but the exhaust shapes it nicely.

That is [MENTION=30043]triggered[/MENTION] 's car, posted in this thread already.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Yes it is his car thats why i shamelessly posted it. But i do think its different from his previous posted vids. Or not ive been watching so many vids its alll one big lope.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Personally im in the air between the s-type, ford racing touring, and this.
I heard the s-type and like it. The fr touring sounds good in videos. The krona kind of sounds like a mix of both with the gt500 mufflers dabbed in.

I know i probably wont hear the Krona in person but if the FR and borla are only 80% there ill give this one a try, i just worry about in cabin noise and boom. I hate how the AM videos really condense and cut off the top end of the sound and are juat bad in general.
I was gonna go Borla at first, but dropping all that money and getting rollled exhaust tips that don't fill the cutouts was not an option for me. I wanted a fit and finish as good as the sound. The Krona is the real deal.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
i just worry about in cabin noise and boom. I hate how the AM videos really condense and cut off the top end of the sound and are juat bad in general.
I can tell you that in cabin noise is almost non-existent with the Krona. Cruising at 75mph on the highway you have to listen for it, at 65mph it is as quiet as stock inside meaning there's nothing at all. That sound tuning it uses really does its job in directing all the sound out through the rear of the car.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Race Red
That sound tuning it uses really does its job in directing all the sound out through the rear of the car.
This. I can't explain how different it sounds from behind than it does in cabin. I didn't even realize it until my buddy to it for a spin around the block so I could hear it. Deepest tone I'd heard on any kit.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is his car thats why i shamelessly posted it. But i do think its different from his previous posted vids. Or not ive been watching so many vids its alll one big lope.
Haha das me. That vid was the cammed idle tune on the catback alone. So far I've shown the catback alone, catback + cam, catback + headers, but not cammed headers... I think I know my next vid [MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION]

Did I post that one?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Haha das me. That vid was the cammed idle tune on the catback alone. So far I've shown the catback alone, catback + cam, catback + headers, but not cammed headers... I think I know my next vid [MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION]

Did I post that one?
In the video i posted of your car..

Was that catback alone with the lund ghost cam tune or are those a cam swap?

to me that at idle is almost spot on to the old school sounds i lust after. the revs dont sound the same but that never will be the case.

Sponsored

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
In the video i posted of your car..

Was that catback alone with the lund ghost cam tune or are those a cam swap?

to me that at idle is almost spot on to the old school sounds i lust after. the revs dont sound the same but that never will be the case.
Lund tune. I'd love to swap the cams out sometime but we have a quad (?) cam and it's super not something I want to fuck with.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Yeah i mean i heard the stock cams are quality and with a lot less money and the tune you can probably fool most.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Replacing the cams won't change the sound much if at all. You won't have any lope at idle unless you are tuned for idle lope, which you can do with the stock cams anyway.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
On this system in stop and go driving. Does the cabin sound boomy at all from idle to 3 grand upon normal accel?

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
On this system in stop and go driving. Does the cabin sound boomy at all from idle to 3 grand upon normal accel?
I'll say this... once I put headers on it, I noticed that the crackles on slow-speed decel from having just the catback (and there are lots) became less crackle and more low gurgle after the headers. It has a very boomy sound now that I have headers on but it isn't obnoxious and is very much aimed out the back end. My favorite thing to do is cruise between buildings and let the car decel on its own so it lets out those grumbly pops. Krona is fantastic because it keeps a lot of the exhaust sound behind the car and doesn't let it translate up into the cabin. Which is why it sounds so different once you're behind the car listening to someone else drive it.

So, does the cabin boom? No. Does the exhaust boom in general? Yes. More so with headers. All in all it hits the tone on the money.
Sponsored