Sponsored

Is she totaled?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
they have to cover the mods. Its their responsibility to cover everything you lose.
No they don't. Not unless you had it in writing before hand.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
That really sucks, sorry man. I can relate, mine got hit a week after I got it, but my impact wasn't as bad and they ended up fixing it. I agree with the others that it's most likely totaled. If you can't find a grabber blue that you like, fortunately I believe they're still building 2017s for another couple weeks so if you get an order in soon you can have another grabber blue exactly how you want it if you're willing to wait a bit. Dealer can also locate one better than an average consumer can online.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Ouch, don't know if it's totaled or now. Not an adjuster so my opinion doesn't mean shit.

Curious though why go from a 15 Comp orange, to a charger scat, and back to a 17 Mustang? A little off topic I know.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
how do you get it in writing before hand when its someone else at fault?
In writing from the insurance company that you reported your mods and value and that insurance will cover them. Most policies do not.

They dont "have to" cover any mods; better read your policy again. They have to cover the current market value right before the accident of the car if totaled, no mods at all. And if repairing you will get value of the stock part that goes there.

If you have mods you can try to get CPE (custom parts and equipment) coverage if offered to cover mods.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you have neck and back pain please go see a doctor ASAP. This will also be helpful in getting the at fault's insurance to work with you.

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
But his insurance company isn't paying for it. The other party's insurance is.

In writing from the insurance company that you reported your mods and value and that insurance will cover them. Most policies do not.

They dont "have to" cover any mods; better read your policy again. They have to cover the current market value right before the accident of the car if totaled, no mods at all. And if repairing you will get value of the stock part that goes there.

If you have mods you can try to get CPE (custom parts and equipment) coverage if offered to cover mods.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Glad to here you are ok. Do as other members suggested and get an attorney ASAP and see a doctor. Also they do pay for upgrades or at least I know some insurance companies do as I just went through this with my truck. That car is totaled if 1 it has frame damage or 2 it is at...can't remember the percentage I think it is 80% of the cars value. I think it is totaled.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Sorry man...looks totaled to me. That's what you should hope for anyway. Where does one find that American Flag decal?

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
But his insurance company isn't paying for it. The other party's insurance is.
Never though about it that way. Hmm, you would think the other persons insurance would replace anything that their policy holder ruined regardless of what the victim's own policy covered?

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Damn dude, that's awful. Glad you're okay, though! Hopefully you get into another GB soon!

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ouch, don't know if it's totaled or now. Not an adjuster so my opinion doesn't mean shit.

Curious though why go from a 15 Comp orange, to a charger scat, and back to a 17 Mustang? A little off topic I know.

Because I have a history with grabber blue . And as of now only grabber blue I can find is an auto . The rest are pp gb with 3.73 which I don't want as I was going to add a procharger eventually

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man, that wicked sucks. Sorry to see OP. I'm glad you weren't hurt too bad. If you are hurt, make sure you let your insurance company know so that your insurance company can go after her insurance company for expenses.
If you have a roof buckle or shift, more than likely the car is going to be totaled including with the visible damage shown here.
Good luck OP!!

Last edited:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The offending party has to make you 'whole again'...that is...replace the vehicle's value at the time of the accident. That has to include any mods you did. If the vehicle is brand new the other insurance company will have to pay for a new car or at least one with no more mileage than yours. Also don't forget to get the medical documentation on any injuries you may have suffered, even if they are only aches and pains.
Sponsored