Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Anyone have any information yet on the power numbers for the new coyote engine? Ford is really dragging this out! At least release the HP/TQ numbers,
The New York Auto Show has come and gone and still nothing, absolutely nothing from Ford !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know they won't release the pricing information until Fall prior to it going on sale, but for God's sake throw us a bone here. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:
I can say for certain that it will have at least 435HP. :lol:
Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I can say for certain that it will have at least 435HP. :lol:
Actually, you can say for certain it will have at least 455hp, to at least match Camaro's hp #s. They have to at least match it, if nothing more than pure marketing reasons. I would bet $1,000 the hp will be at least 455hp. Now it should be higher, but nobody knows how much higher.

But they have to for performance reasons too.
The old "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" thing goes here.
Ford needs a car that can be competitive in drag and road racing, so people see them winning races (both professional and amateur drag strip races) then go out & buy one themselves.

It will likely be in the range of 455-475hp.

Any higher than 475 and it could actually beat a GT350 (526hp/429 lbs torque)....

figure 485hp/435 lbs torque + 10 speed auto, with magneride shocks and if you put similar tires on it and I think it could keep up with or beat a GT350.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Actually, you can say for certain it will have at least 455hp, to at least match Camaro's hp #s. They have to at least match it, if nothing more than pure marketing reasons.

But they have to for performance reasons too.
The old "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" thing goes here.
Ford needs a car that can be competitive in drag and road racing, so people see them winning races (both professional and amateur drag strip races) then go out & buy one themselves.
The Camaro has a distinct torque advantage down low from displacement alone (correct me if I'm wrong). It'll be hard for a mustang to outbeat it on the drag strip

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This thread has become a broken record. Notify me when we get some official performance numbers.

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They don't have to match the camaro. They rolled out turds since 1996 and didn't care to match the lt1 let alone the ls1 when they revised later in the gen. Even the na cobra was a turd compared to the base LS z28. They don't need to match. Even with matching hp it will lose to the camaro 6g in every performance category and it would be embarrassing.

When does ordering finish for 17s ? My guess is they will release info then. Picture being the guy ordering a new 17 then a day later finds out the 18 has 475 hp. Would suck if numbers matter to that person. That front fascia is enough to just get a 17 but hopefully Steeda and others can capitalize on this blunder with a nice front replacement bumper.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Supercharged 2017 Ford Mustang GT

Enough Said ! :thumbsup: :cheers: :headbang:

:ford:

2018 :tsk: :tsk:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ford doesn't build drag cars, people do.

Secondly, drag racing really isn't a sport... it is more like a hobby. Just like traveling 100mph and slamming on your brakes, to see who would win. Coincidentally, Road Racing is a drag race, to every corner and it last longer than 10s. Not to mention you test every aspect of the car, not just the throttle.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
They
....Picture being the guy ordering a new 17 then a day later finds out the 18 has 475 hp. Would suck if numbers matter to that person...... .
Using that scintilating logic, the V8 would still be a Windsor ...so as not to upset any previous buyer !

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ford doesn't build drag cars, people do.

Secondly, drag racing really isn't a sport... it is more like a hobby. Just like traveling 100mph and slamming on your brakes, to see who would win. Coincidentally, Road Racing is a drag race, to every corner and it last longer than 10s. Not to mention you test every aspect of the car, not just the throttle.

What the Fu@k are you talking about? You'd change your tune if you ever owned a car that could get out of the 14s.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Logic &

What the Fu@k are you talking about? You'd change your tune if you ever owned a car that could get out of the 14s.
Rational thinking is completely absent in his comments. I was not even going to waste my time with any response to his comment - But what the heck, here I go:

#1a Ford cars are designed for many different uses and the Ford Mustang is marketed as a Sports car. In fact Ford tests their Mustangs on the track for
these very multiple uses (As well as a daily driver). Hence the various options available on the Mustang such as the Performance Package. Or take your 3.31 or 3.55 gears manual only GT for Drag Racing. Do people further mod their cars to go faster in the 1/4 mile - Yes only to improve their times.

#1b Ford has a whole division called Ford Racing if you don't know. :cool:

#2 - A sport is defined as a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other. Or a source of diversion.

Drag Racing can well fit into that definition. :cheers:

DONE !

I think we need to get the BMW Trolls off the Mustang Forums. ;) :lol: :lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback