Sponsored

I HATE making decisions......

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Especially when it comes to blowers.. I had my heart set on the VMP Gen II-r but I don't want to grind/cut on my motor and its the most expensive after all the quotes I get back, I can get a damn good deal on brand new KB 2.8LC, Whipple's cost to much, I think twin turbo's are going to be way out of my price range, a good single turbo kit will probably also be out of my price range. I wasn't going to consider Procharger or Paxton because I was worried about the problems I've read about with pulleys or crank snouts breaking from the belt drive... so here I am, ready to pull the trigger. Right now the best price is the KB 2.8LC kit but..... no fans on the HE and I've read how the higher IAT's is the biggest gripe about the KB kits. Now I see the Procharger P1X is available and right in my price range with injectors and BAP.. I'm looking for a COMPLETE kit, ready to install including a tune. I have 6510 plugs, Mak Cat deletes and a X4 already and I will be upgrading the OPG and CG at the same time.. I have a feeling I will contacting Beefcake and getting the P1X though if he can shoot me a deal I cant pass up! I don't NEED a black finished kit but if the deal was right id pull the trigger on it today! :cheers:

Considering the most expensive option as well. .VMP Stage 3 Gen II-r e85 ready kit.

WTF to do. :doh:
Sponsored

Last edited:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I wasn't going to consider Procharger or Paxton because I was worried about the problems I've read about with pulleys or crank snouts breaking from the belt drive...
Really? :shrug:

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Really? :shrug:
I'm not sure how much truth there is to it. .I think I saw ONE video about it happening.. and I'm not even sure of the details enough to make a decision either way.. .but here I am considering the Procharger so I guess I'm not so worried about it.. I think the chances of it happening are slim to none. So at this time, its not an issue.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Crank snout breaking off is 90% of the time improper install. The only times they break without outside influence is when the cars are making 1000+HP. I think I have only seen 2 do that where it seemed that it was installed correctly.

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So a complete P1X kit or complete KB 2.8LC kit is the current choice it looks like (which I'm quite content with)...P1X is about $400 more though. I'm only looking to make 700ish whp since I'm on a stock longblock so 10-12psi. And then another $460 for OPG and CG's.

Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I'm not sure how much truth there is to it. .I think I saw ONE video about it happening.. and I'm not even sure of the details enough to make a decision either way.. .but here I am considering the Procharger so I guess I'm not so worried about it.. I think the chances of it happening are slim to none. So at this time, its not an issue.
I haven't heard that about Paxton. Where did you read this?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I love my PC kit like all others love their choice in FI. I will say there is not an easier install than the PC kit. Also keep in mind maintenance; things like changing spark plugs can become a pain if you have a KB...my 2c...

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I haven't heard that about Paxton. Where did you read this?

Saw it on FB last week.. but I kind of think that would be installer error as well.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
PC is super easy to install and easy to take back to stock. But Beefcake is running a killer deal on the Paxton kits right now. Would give Terry a call and tell him what goals you have with the car.

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PC is super easy to install and easy to take back to stock. But Beefcake is running a killer deal on the Paxton kits right now. Would give Terry a call and tell him what goals you have with the car.
I got the P1X quote from him. But his 2200SL 800hp kit isn't a bad deal either.

Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I got the P1X quote from him. But his 2200SL 800hp kit isn't a bad deal either.
Can't go wrong with either kit. Just make sure you get plugs and low temp thermostat. I didn't and had to buy them two weeks later. Also got the big red race valve and it's almost double the price after you buy the kit just an FYI. Wanted the turbo blow off sound.

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can't go wrong with either kit. Just make sure you get plugs and low temp thermostat. I didn't and had to buy them two weeks later. Also got the big red race valve and it's almost double the price after you buy the kit just an FYI. Wanted the turbo blow off sound.
I already have plugs, I'm after that sound as well. Which blower kit do you have?

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I already have plugs, I'm after that sound as well. Which blower kit do you have?
I have a ProCharger with the old D1 head unit.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had a chance to see how the crank pulley attaches on the PC stage II kit?

It's almost fool proof. I was on the fence too until I saw the PC directions.

I have a copy in my email I believe if you would like to see them.
Sponsored