Sponsored

Canister Oil filter on 2017 GT350R

CasualGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE & 2013 Focus ST
I just took delivery of H3157 last week, built last month, and can confirm that it has the new canister-style oil filter. I had already purchased an original-spec FL2069ST filter for my post-break-in oil change at 1,000 miles, but it sounds like that won't fit.

Any ideas where we can source one of the new-style filters (HR3Z-6881-A) in the near future? A Google search for that part number turns up literally zero hits.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yo!!! FB GT350 owners page is having a meltdown over this canister filter!!!! Then some how the OPG is brought up. Bet somehow it is all connected to the cooler fiasco. CONSPIRACY!!!!
IM OUT!!!!
Good Night!

Seabee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 SVTPP
Bummer :doh: My 17R was completed on March 1 and has still not shipped. Held at factory for a month prior to going out for stripes. That was completed in 1 day and was back at factory on March 31. Status then changed from "awaiting shipment" and went to "order processing" instead of "in transit". WTF, I guess it is going backwards. Was told today that it is on hold. No stated reason.
The Rs are built on the line with a wheel for production. Once complete and tested, the rear wing and carbon wheels are added. Usually the hold up is the carbon wheels. Mine sat at Ford, for 3 weeks after it came off "the line"

Sponsored

RickH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
GT350R HR333
this new canister is on any 350/R built in the calendar year 2017...they stopped the old filter style during the "winter break"

new filter p/n HR3Z-6881-A

there is no way for the older cars to be fitted with the new canister style

from FP
This is correct including the part number. Changeover occurred over the "winter break".

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Yeahhhh this is kinda bullshit.. they wouldn't be switching to an entirely new housing/cartridge style filter if they didn't deem something to be wrong with the original design. Perhaps it was simply due to too many issues with dealers not following specific torque settings, or perhaps they determined that even if torqued correctly the original design was still vibrating free after X number of miles.

Pretty shitty that it is an entirely new design that all of the 15's/16's/more than half of the 17's can't even be retrofitted with... for someone like myself that intends to keep this car forever, it is a little disappointing/worrying not being able to utilize the newer design that must clearly be superior from what can only be a reliability standpoint.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Shadow, can you show a shot of the inside of the wrench, please?

Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Shadow, can you a shot of the inside of the wrench, please?
It's an image a buddy of mine posted on facebook. Mine has not arrived yet. I'll ask him to shoot a pic of the inside of the wrench.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thank you!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I don't know why you are all freaking out about the new cartridge style filter. They DID NOT make a new engine block. The original design can be upgraded to the new cartridge design. It's just a bolt on filter housing. Not a new block casting.

Reactions: MAV

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
It's an image a buddy of mine posted on facebook. Mine has not arrived yet. I'll ask him to shoot a pic of the inside of the wrench.
How does one get these?
Sponsored