Sponsored

AFE Drop In Filter

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The green filter is an oiled filter. The only non oiled filters with a brand name that I am aware of are AFE and AEM.
Sponsored

FreeYourMindGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT (base A6)
I have the dry AFe. Pretty happy with it. I like that its reusable and doesn't need to be oiled. I have mine paired with the Mishimoto intake tube and I noticed that this combo provides smoother flow to the engine.
I went the same route. I figure this combo should take advantage of the factory box and free up some airflow to compliment the headers+tune I plan on later this year.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
I have the dry as well, went with that instead of a k&n

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Ordered today AFE POWER 31-10255 Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter.

Woo Hoo!

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I have been running the oiled one for 20k miles with no issues. Had an oiled one on my previous car for 100k miles with no issues. I think the worry about MAF issues is exaggerated tbh. I think it probably only has issues when ppl clean and reoil the filter and either use too much oil and/or dont allow it to dry properly.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running the oiled one for 20k miles with no issues. Had an oiled one on my previous car for 100k miles with no issues. I think the worry about MAF issues is exaggerated tbh. I think it probably only has issues when ppl clean and reoil the filter and either use too much oil and/or dont allow it to dry properly.
^^ This. Seen some guys literally have oil dripping off a filter after it is cleaned/re-oiled.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
good to know. i have the oiled version sitting in my garage and was hesitant due to the alleged MAF concerns. looks like i will install it this weekend with the Bobs Catch Can sitting next to it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just don't over-oil and you should be fine. Just need to color it red, so to speak... no need for an oil spill all over the filter.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I like the Mishi tube and stock airbox with a replacement filter combo, for what it is.

I have the K&N and the car makes really good power, for the only other mods pypes touring mufflers. ;)

I am sure the Afe would be just as good, and that may be what I grab next.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Used the afe dry filter for a while before I got the Airaid-- liked it a lot. BTW it's for sale now as soon as I get around to posting the ad...

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I need to score an AFE dry too, I'm still running my original OEM, I've got a Mishi intake tube - who has the best deal on these?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm running the AEM filter and Airaid tube, I decided to clean it after reading this thread yesterday and​ got a good amount of crap out after 15k miles. May be placebo but throttle felt a little better afterward

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I need to score an AFE dry too, I'm still running my original OEM, I've got a Mishi intake tube - who has the best deal on these?
Sheeet I'll sell you my used one with like 15K miles. You'll have to clean it I guess... haha.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Put my afe dry filter in a week ago, can't really tell the difference between stock and afe but wasn't looking for more power.
What I did notice was my inlet temp is now averaging +4-5 above ambient temp.
Stock was showing +3 most of the time.
Sponsored