Sponsored

How to monitor your engine on a FP tune?

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
understood - I just tried to call them but was not able to get their support. Yeah from my dealership manager, he said that the ECU timestamps every change. I would love to believe COBB and will try to get a hold of them to confirm.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
understood - I just tried to call them but was not able to get their support. Yeah from my dealership manager, he said that the ECU timestamps every change. I would love to believe COBB and will try to get a hold of them to confirm.
I don't know enough about the structure and formatting of the ECU to ask detailed enough questions to be comfortable with the answer. Some of the things I'm aware of in the ECU are; number of flashes and starts since flash.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
talked to cobb - they said the same thing you're saying they said...

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Very true there is that route, but I'm not very familiar with Torque entirely. I also would rather have a gauge that stays in place and wouldn't need messed with so using my phone doesn't cut it for me. I'll probably stick to using my SCT x4 till I decide what tuner to go with.
That's one of the reasons I save old phones when I upgrade to a new one. I'm using my wifes old Samsung S2 and Torque. Works great. The phone only really needs to be able to run and display an app (Torque) and have bluetooth. You can probably find a good useable used phone with those capabilities really cheap.

Blackwellwa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Mustang
I have that and LOVE it! :cheers:
You giusto with the Shosche mount, where do you have it mounted in your car? I've been considering this but I'd like to mount the phone somewhere near the center console/gear shift and want to know if that'd work. If you could post a pic, that'd be great!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You giusto with the Shosche mount, where do you have it mounted in your car? I've been considering this but I'd like to mount the phone somewhere near the center console/gear shift and want to know if that'd work. If you could post a pic, that'd be great!
I got the idea from others. I've seen several people mount it in this location.
mount.jpg

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
That's one of the reasons I save old phones when I upgrade to a new one. I'm using my wifes old Samsung S2 and Torque. Works great. The phone only really needs to be able to run and display an app (Torque) and have bluetooth. You can probably find a good useable used phone with those capabilities really cheap.
Very good idea and please explain in detail how this works with a smart phone.Thanks

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Very good idea and please explain in detail how this works with a smart phone.Thanks
A cell phone will have certain capabilities even when not connected to a wireless provider. Bluetooth and WiFi will still function, so any apps you have that use that will work. Get the Torque app, and an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and you will have your dedicated monitor.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Unless my OBDII adapter is just slow, this solution doesn't work very well for data logging, it isn't enough data. I think I was able to get like 4 parameters a second. That's not fast enough or enough parameters. I'd like to see like maybe 8 parameters 5 times per second, at least 3-4.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
A cell phone will have certain capabilities even when not connected to a wireless provider. Bluetooth and WiFi will still function, so any apps you have that use that will work. Get the Torque app, and an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and you will have your dedicated monitor.
Can I use my old Apple Smart Phone to download the Torque App without a service provider?
Where is the best place to buy a OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter for my old Apple Smart Phone?Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You won't be able to use Torque with the iPhone, it's just for Android. I went through that too. Get OBD Fusion. People that have used Torque and switched to iPhone say that it looks like a reverse engineered Torque.

When you search for "Torque" in the App Store, it's the second one in the list.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
You won't be able to use Torque with the iPhone, it's just for Android. I went through that too. Get OBD Fusion. People that have used Torque and switched to iPhone say that it looks like a reverse engineered Torque.

When you search for "Torque" in the App Store, it's the second one in the list.
So you are saying to use OBD Fusion in the App store on your iphone?
What OBD2 Adapter did you buy for your iphone?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So you are saying to use OBD Fusion in the App store on your iphone?
What OBD2 Adapter did you buy for your iphone?
I'm saying OBD Fusion is, from what I hear, almost just like Torque. I'm using it on my iPhone. I'm not sure that I'd recommend it over anything else. It is very flexible and seems to be able to monitor just about everything. I have a Kiwi 3 OBDII adapter. I was convinced it was a good adapter and PLX Devices (made the Kiwi 3 adapter) is also coming out with an app next month. I can't say if it's the adapter or the app but using it for a monitoring solution isn't cutting it. As I mentioned before, I only get about 4 samples per second, I'd really like that to be about 40 samples per second. maybe 10 parameters at 4 times per second.
Sponsored