Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Seeing the same things over and over have become boring. Just provide us with new details Ford...

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
It's the same box. Ford and GM developed it together.
It is not completely accurate to say that they developed it together. Ford engineers took the lead on developing the rear drive 10 speed and GM took the lead on the transaxle 10 speed. I believe each are responsible for their own control units (electronics).

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford should release information now

Seeing the same things over and over have become boring. Just provide us with new details Ford...
C'mon Ford its about time you release the engine specs !! :mad:
I know they want to get all the 2017's off the dealers lots before
they release the pricing info, but really !!!:mad:
This is getting really old. :tsk:

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Ok - how much to pick one up in Jersey? :) I am guessing around 36k mark considering the 2017's are going around 31-33k minimum (base auto around 33k) around NE areas. I am afraid of the engine upgrade and 10 speed might do to the price of this vehicle.

You can't find a 455 hp Camaro for less than 39k here.
When I spoke to a Ford rep while testdriving at the Houston auto show he figured sticker price for a premium pp being in low 40s.

Do dealerships offer any for of price reduction on preordering these vehicles?

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Unfortunately, when Ford is ready they'll let us know. Keep in mind they're still building 2017's and don't want to lose half a year of 2017 builds which if the new no's are very good will occur. Which leads me to believe that we will be satisfied with the new 2018 no's.

My guess is:
hp = 465 (+30 is reasonable given the engine rebuild)
tq = 425 (+25 to compete with Chev and is reasonable given manual trans rebuild, intro of the 10 speed, and focus on handling upgrades ... to put power to pavement)
red line = 7,500

Last edited:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
My guess is:
hp = 465 (+30 is reasonable given the engine rebuild)
tq = 455 (+55 to compete with Chev and is reasonable given manual trans rebuild, intro of the 10 speed, and focus on handling upgrades ... to put power to pavement)
red line = 7,500
I would be very happy with these numbers (especially the torque, but I can't see it being that high)

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I would be very happy with these numbers (especially the torque, but I can't see it being that high)
Ya, tq more likely to be 425'ish, but one can dream big. :) I will revise accordingly and stop dreaming. LOL

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When I spoke to a Ford rep while testdriving at the Houston auto show he figured sticker price for a premium pp being in low 40s.

Do dealerships offer any for of price reduction on preordering these vehicles?
For the new model there won't be any discounts because of the demand. This was honestly my biggest worry going for 2018 and one of the primary reasons why I ended up in a 2017. Probably won't see discounts until we get more into 2018 once demand goes down some.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
X-plan...they have no option.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
X-plan...they have no option.
That's about your only option for a fresh order and that's smart. Otherwise, MSRP is pretty much what you pay. 0 incentives.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
For the new model there won't be any discounts because of the demand. This was honestly my biggest worry going for 2018 and one of the primary reasons why I ended up in a 2017. Probably won't see discounts until we get more into 2018 once demand goes down some.
I'll be considering the early order but realistically my target date for purchase will be late 2Q early 3Q.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Finally saw the coupe at the NY Autoshow... to me it just looks more modern/improved and looking at the little details here and there, it looks great. They didn't allow anyone to sit in it though. Lots of great cars there...Ford GT is just absurd looking, KIA GT Stinger is pretty absurd for the $$$ over say the S5 sportback. RS5 pretty nice.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Since it's a refresh and not just another year model of the same gen, some option prices might be cheaper upfront than they are for the equivalent 2017 MY cars. This seems to happen whenever there's a new generation available. Hopefully that is true in the case of a refresh since they have rearranged a lot of the packages, and can actually save $1k-2k by the time is all said and done when you compare it to the '17s. The S550 was actually marginally cheaper when it was announced, and each year that went back brought with it gradual price increases (minor increase of the vehicle itself, but options increased significantly.)

That, plus x-plan, I think it won't be a huge price difference than what people are used to. Not going to beat the current massive incentives to clear out 17s, of course.
Sponsored