Sponsored

best charge pipes with ATM intercooler?

Immario282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost pp
Is anyone running with an ATM intercooler and aftermarket charge pipes? I'm wanting to buy a new set but don't know which manufacturer to go with?
Sponsored

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have the black mishimoto charge pipes. I like them but some of the clamps didn't fit at all.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I'm running the MAP charge pipes with my ATM IC but honestly it doesn't really matter as far as fitment is concerned. If I had to do it over again though I would ask MAP for the cost on the charge pipes with the stock flange. So in other words not buying the BOV from them. I would then purchase the GoFastBits DV+ BPV Upgrade.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
What benefit are you getting from aftermarket charge pipes? I could see if you're running a big turbo with high boost pressure, otherwise I don't get it.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

What benefit are you getting from aftermarket charge pipes? I could see if you're running a big turbo with high boost pressure, otherwise I don't get it.
Probably sound. Air bounces off of metal pipes and makes turbo noise that people like. Doesn't happen as much to plastic pipes.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Probably sound. Air bounces off of metal pipes and makes turbo noise that people like. Doesn't happen as much to plastic pipes.
That would make sense, sound and looks, other than that, I didn't see a benefit.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Increased piping size and smoother airflow with aftermarket pipes. You'll mostly tell a difference in areas like throttle response. You're basically removing restrictions and bottlenecks to increase the efficiency of the system. Gains will be small, if any, on more basic setups, but once you start getting into bigger mods, e.g. built block and huge turbo, it'll be necessary to upgrade.
Sponsored