Sponsored

I love my mustang but....

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I love my mustang but other drivers make it annoying to drive! Up side, its very fast compared to my previous vehicles and I get around 2-4 compliments a day. But it has some down sides as it grabs too much attention!

This is what I go through everyday which was never like that driving my previous vehicles or my friends.

- I get cut off much much more compared to other cars I've driven (My friend even drove my car and said he got cut off a whole lot compared to the car he drives.)
- Passing up slow cars only for them to speed up to my pace even with me slowing down or speeding up; they keep following. Very Annoying!
- Everyone wants to race me! Even mini vans!
- People behind me on red lights always seem to love to follow and go the same speed as me for some reason? Ive made someone follow me up to 85 mph in a 45 just to see if they'll keep following. I can probably lead them up to 100 and they'll probably still keep following.

I just want to be left alone and enjoy my car! :frusty:

fwpnp4.jpg

30cbprt.jpg

2qvb4n5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
These cars always grab attention, especially if they're modified.

I have people who constantly will try to race/rev at me, even in stock 4 bangers. Hell, the other day some dude in a Corolla tried punching it next to me and pointed at me. I don't understand why people act like idiots.

Ilovemyv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th An. Race Red Auto
I have have had large 4 wheeler trucks race me and the last was 2015 camaro up to 115mph the he gave up. It just will not stop!

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
People pay my car compliments...I can't complain.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Ain't it cool being all that :headbang:

I had a pretty girl at work tell me yesterday "thats a hot car you've got there"

yup - she's was thinking about me :cool:

My last car was a Clark Kent car.

Whats a Clark Kent car ?

Who knows, I can't remember what Clark Kent drove :headbonk:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
same, mines not even a gt and i get tail gated so much and they for some reason like getting as close to me as they can at red lights, had a guy not let me pass to the left lane, as i would speed he would speed, i'd slow down he'd slow down, also i get cut off and people think i want to race. but just yesterday had a guy asked if he could take photos of my car and then i remembered why i chose it!

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Same story here.
Attention grabber yea.
But annoying at times.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Same stories as the rest of you guys, haha! I usually don't mind it. Some of the highlights of my day are when Civics with big ass exhausts try and race me.

I would say the only annoying thing is, there are a lot of areas over here that are one lane and open up into a passing lane for about a mile. More often than not, I'll start to pass a guy who was going the exact speed limit, if not below, and as soon as I open up the throttle, he decides it's race time. Like dude, I just don't want to be stuck behind you for the next 20 minutes.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yep happens to me all the time. I really hate tailgaters. If for some reason I ever have to stop short they are going to run into the back of the car. Speed up and they speed up. When I drive my f-150 it doesn't happen except the occasional tailgaters.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Huh. I've mostly been ignored. Even the local constabulary haven't been hassling me.

I don't get it..... I drive my 6-cylinder, 3-speed Gremlin and I get pulled over usually twice a year - and for something stupid!!! (they almost always let me go). Drive a 400+ horsepower monster on the street and they don't bat an eyelash. Worst I've had from the cops so far is one shadowed me for a couple blocks and another came up really fast behind me on the highway. Neither pulled me over.

One person once asked "How fast" the Mustang is. That's it.

I guess it's because I'm fat and ugly.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Yep happens to me all the time. I really hate tailgaters. If for some reason I ever have to stop short they are going to run into the back of the car. Speed up and they speed up. When I drive my f-150 it doesn't happen except the occasional tailgaters.
When people tailgate me, I drive really slow until there's a big stretch in front of me, and then I let it rip as a sign for them to fuck off. They usually get the hint, and if they don't, a good ol' brake check works.

Reactions: S7N

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Me and the woman have REALLY noticed the "Pulling out in front of us" issue. It seriously NEVER happens in our taurus. Nor did it happen in my Audi. Seems like now a days I'm constantly having to hit my brakes for ***holes pulling in front of me or cutting me off.

The other day I was cruising down the road on lunch and I had a lady probably in her 50's speed up to get in front of me, cut me off and slowed way down to like 20 in a 40. We started to come around a bend about 50 feet later and she got over and gave me the finger the whole time -.-

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There is an upside to this car. Drove 150 miles on NYS Thruway yesterday,holding about 83 MPH and almost every car would pull over and let me by as I approached! That never happens when I'm driving my Mazda Protege!
Sponsored