Dodge Challenger Demon

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Nice car but I hope Dodge built the transmission and suspension to handle all that HP and torque.

Dodge has a bad reputation for both drivetrain and suspension. I hope they did not cut any corners with this beast like they did with the Hellcat.

Hellcat has history of broken driveshaft, transmissions and brakes
Sponsored

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I'm not sure if anyone realize but 9.65 run has been done in Gainesville, FL during 39.9f weather with DA of -1300. Good luck getting 9s during regular florida day.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
On a personal note hp wars are not appealing to me as a consumer; an all around good car is. BFD (big flippin deal) it can do a wheelie and in the 9s. Unless you're Vin Diesel who gives 2 flying about a straight line for a few seconds to drop probably close to or over 6 figures...? It may be a fun (guesstimate) $100k toy car to take out every now and then or kept in garages somewhere never driven.
Plenty of people not named Vin Diesel love going fast in a straight line. Don't hate just because it's not for you. A 9 second, factory, street legal car is impressive, especially being a heavy car. I would rather play around in a Demon than an "all around" car any day.
There are straight lines between every two corners on the road course.

This.

On every level. That thing's gonna be deep 9s on slicks.
It's awesome to see that Dodge is making this. I love it. Do one thing and do it well. Plus, $1 to add the seats back in? That is doing it right!

It will be tough for Ford to come out with something that one ups the ZL-1 and the Demon.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What I like here is that Dodge stayed true to the American way. Quick, gas guzzling hogs are us. Ford went the way of the European market and Dodge stayed true to its roots. Good for them, I hope they get all kinds of publicity out of it and it does wonders for them. THEN maybe ford will see where they have went astray and wont make the same mistake at HP war #3 in 40 years.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There are straight lines between every two corners on the road course.

It's awesome to see that Dodge is making this. I love it. Do one thing and do it well. Plus, $1 to add the seats back in? That is doing it right!

It will be tough for Ford to come out with something that one ups the ZL-1 and the Demon.
Lol, assuming that you can get a 4200+ lbs turd around corner to begin with. The challengers do not have a good history of that.

You really dont believe a GT350 (essentially with a CPC if newish rumors are true) and blower wont, which a Ford exec previously stated would be over the Hellcat's 707 hp (why wouldn't it if the old GT500 was 662 after all), be a better car than a 650hp ZL1? :lie:

And if you want straight line, people seem to forget the 2016 Cobra Jet; that would be the best direct comparison other than i dont think the Cobra Jet is street legal but idk. 8 sec car for $99k.

What I like here is that Dodge stayed true to the American way. Quick, gas guzzling hogs are us. Ford went the way of the European market and Dodge stayed true to its roots. Good for them, I hope they get all kinds of publicity out of it and it does wonders for them. THEN maybe ford will see where they have went astray and wont make the same mistake at HP war #3 in 40 years.
Mustang sales say otherwise. Both Challenger and Camaro sales, even combined sales I believe, are far far behind in the "muscle car" sales since the S550 started selling. People are speaking with their wallets, I dont know how that is "astray."

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I love it!! Dodge is killing it with their vehicles.
Watched the unveiling for an hour last night. I could have skipped the first 30 minutes, but I still enjoyed it. Car is BEAST!!!! :headbang:

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Mustang sales say otherwise. Both Challenger and Camaro sales, even combined sales I believe, are far far behind in the "muscle car" sales since the S550 started selling. People are speaking with their wallets, I dont know how that is "astray."
Ford may be leading in sales but Dodge is currently leading in American badass-ery :thumbsup: Gotta give respect where it's due!

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Dodge Demon

Dodge announced the Demon today showing some striking numbers.

The Demon’s list of performance bragging points is like none we’ve ever seen for a street-driving car. Here are just a few highlights:

Fastest quarter-mile production car in the world, with an elapsed time of 9.65 seconds @ 140 mph
World’s fastest 0-60-mph time for a production car, 2.3 seconds
Highest-horsepower V-8 production engine, 840 hp
Highest g-force acceleration of any production car, 1.8 g
First-ever production car to lift its front wheels at launch, setting a world record wheelie at 2.92 feet, as certified by Guinness World Records
The Demon is officially banned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) for being too fast to run at a drag strip without a cage

http://www.dodge.com/demon.html

I know its more of a quarter mile car versus more of a track focussed car like the 350, but its interesting that the power and pony car wars continue! It can only help the future of the Mustang/Shelby.:cheers:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Watched the vid. Pretty sic! Great time to be a car guy. I heard under $100k.

With that much power a buddy and I were just joking that maybe Challengers will start taking the place of mustangs for taking out the most bystanders at C&C events.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Good god. What a fucken machine. I would love to have one for a week.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
And the motor guts are completely different then the hell cat motor, but the sc is the same. Its a factory race car with a vin #! Funny how it has no passenger seat or rear seat but its also missing a cage!

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
And the motor guts are completely different then the hell cat motor, but the sc is the same. Its a factory race car with a vin #! Funny how it has no passenger seat or rear seat but its also missing a cage!
it is a larger sc than the hellcat. and the passenger and rear seats can be added back on

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Watched the vid. Pretty sic! Great time to be a car guy. I heard under $100k.

With that much power a buddy and I were just joking that maybe Challengers will start taking the place of mustangs for taking out the most bystanders at C&C events.
Dealer markup maybe just under $100k
Sponsored