Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It looks Like Lethal Performance's supercharged GT350...

Minus the AG whipped paint.

Both lethal and hennessey coaxed 800+ hp and 650+ tq out of it.

Not a bad setup.

But also nothing that would take 4-5 years of R&D.

And nothing too "special."

Ford has been committed to ecoboost for a long while now. And going backwards on the hottest mass produced performance car while adding forward tech to a Focus is just... backwards. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Know a guy in Dearborn that just caught this "GT500" again today. This one is fairly easy to see through the camo to see that it's running the old front end. According to him it sounded NA but NOT like a Voodoo, he said it was deeper and meaner. Personally, I think with all these mules we've been seeing at least 2 different models, some kind of FI Halo model and a mid-level NA Boss 429/Mach 1.
Thanks!!!

A lot of work going on.

The GT350 in Detroit originally had Twin Turbo system, possibly a parallel system similar to the Ford GT. I originally agreed that a Parallel wouldn't fit... appearently that is incorrect. The engine is NOT a Flat Plane Voodoo but a Coyote Cross Plane w/ Voodoo PDI heads.

However, the Twin Ecoboost was removed and a Supercharger was strapped into the car per sources in that area. The changes taking place now would be intended for MY19-'20. The GT500's development started at the same time as the GT350. A better way of saying it would be that the GT350 and GT500's were spawned from the same project. An EXTREME Motorsport project called "Silver".

My honest opinion?

There were 3 or 4 Ecoboost V8 configurations being testing for the 2017.5 (now 2018) GT500.

1.) A Single Twin Scrolling Turbo
2.) A Parallel Twin (FGT) or BiTurbo (Cobra Jet/AMG)
3.) A Hot V Twin Turbo
4.) A Hot V Sequential Turbo

One of those test cars went home to Detroit to become a 2019 test car while the others went to Arizona.

Initially, I honestly believe they wanted a 2017.5 GT500 and it would have been Supercharged. I think a lot of people within the program did not want to put the customer through that nor the development team.

Sources say the 2017.5/2018 GT500 has been in development since 2013. If that is true, it is possible that the 350 was started after Project Silver was downgraded and essentially became two cars.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
does anyone else remember ford trademarking ecobeast? im still hoping that will be the basis of the new halo car. id be deeply disappointed with a blown gt350 with 500 badges.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
does anyone else remember ford trademarking ecobeast? im still hoping that will be the basis of the new halo car. id be deeply disappointed with a blown gt350 with 500 badges.
Yes I remember. At the time I really hoped it meant there would be a twin turbo V8 coming.

I'd still love to see a NA Boss 429 as well.

I suppose a lot of these are options and it will depend on how successful the teams are at implementing them which one Ford will choose to sell.

Sponsored

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
Someone who is very deep in the ford world, owns few ford GT's, 350R, very knowledgeable guy that's got the right friends in right places said there will be one Shelby and that's the GT350. The next one coming is a 5.2 CPC with the new TVS 2650 blower on it non DI. When asked how he knew he explained he knew a person inside ford who had been driving the car and sent him pictures.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Why can't anynone take a video instead of pictures is beyond me. :tsk:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Why can't anynone take a video instead of pictures is beyond me. :tsk:
Because everything me knows someone who has a lead or a friend or knowledge of something even the car mags can't confirm or even get wind of and yet not one of these people know how to use a video function on the same device they're taking pics with.

I could say whatever I wanted too and be somewhat right or wrong 100% cause as long as I cite a source that can't be revealed... it appears no one really knows anything cause no one confirms nor do we get a source.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Someone who is very deep in the ford world, owns few ford GT's, 350R, very knowledgeable guy that's got the right friends in right places said there will be one Shelby and that's the GT350. The next one coming is a 5.2 CPC with the new TVS 2650 blower on it non DI. When asked how he knew he explained he knew a person inside ford who had been driving the car and sent him pictures.
So,.........you're saying there a chance. :D
:thumbsup:

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
That seems to match this Motor Trend article
http://www.motortrend.com/news/spied-possible-shelby-gt500-mustang-shows-off-supercharged-v-8/

Sponsored

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
Nothing is coming except more speculation. This auto show will come and go and people on here will say it's going to be announced at the next one. The end all supreme mustang was cancelled and we got the ford gt.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have heard basically the same thing by someone who has connections....

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
I have heard basically the same thing by someone who has connections....
For those who missed this, here's an outline of the next GT500 'specs'...posted by 'BmacIL' in another GT500 thread on here. As many know, he worked at Ford in the not too distant past.

Looks like he did well in his creative writing course.

:D

images hosting
Sponsored