Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT & EcoBoost Testing in New Colors/Wheels Combinations

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I own a 2012 GT Premium in Lava Red, and I'm not aware of any other forum members who have this colour. It was only produced for 6 months, due to the tsunami in Japan, which interrupted Ford's paint color imports. I've literally only ever seen one other Mustang on the road with my car's color in over 6 years. With that said, I love how my car's paint changes in the sunlight -- it has metallic, sparkle characteristics -- but I hate how it acts just like black in terms of how hard it is to keep clean-looking.

What nobody is saying here, is how Crimson Red is the new Lava Red. I feel like Lava Red was SUCH a short run, almost nobody knows about it. Believe me, Crimson Red is the new Lava Red, but slightly more defined. It's not these other "maroon" colors people are referring to.

P.S. I can post some detailed/close up pics of my car in direct sunlight or in passive light if people want to see what I'm talking about. In direct sunlight, it's all sparkly and such. In passive light, it is more of a flat maroon colour.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I was at SAE Detroit last week and they had this 18 convertible on display.
The profile is improved, love the new colors.

The '18 made the changes that needed to be made; I'm glad the front bumper continues to drop. That is an important design feature, lowering the bumper while allowing air to to pulled in above the bumper. Air can be extracted from the hood easier when it enters above and he bumper. They have started dropping the AC condenser, acquiring air from below.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
So when does the roush front bumper come out? Lol

xTexasfightx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James or Mack.
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB
I don't really like Lightning Blue. Maybe it's because the two mustangs that I have owned are both Deep Impact Blue, which I think is the better color.

I also don't like the maroon looking color, either. That's because I'm a Longhorn and the color maroon sucks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some better pictures of the Orange shade and I'll always be a fan of Ruby Red.

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
The car does look better in person. Not happy with the color choices though. Would like to see one of the old school blueish/silver metallics from the 60's and 70's.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I own a 2012 GT Premium in Lava Red, and I'm not aware of any other forum members who have this colour. It was only produced for 6 months, due to the tsunami in Japan, which interrupted Ford's paint color imports. I've literally only ever seen one other Mustang on the road with my car's color in over 6 years. With that said, I love how my car's paint changes in the sunlight -- it has metallic, sparkle characteristics -- but I hate how it acts just like black in terms of how hard it is to keep clean-looking.

What nobody is saying here, is how Crimson Red is the new Lava Red. I feel like Lava Red was SUCH a short run, almost nobody knows about it. Believe me, Crimson Red is the new Lava Red, but slightly more defined. It's not these other "maroon" colors people are referring to.

P.S. I can post some detailed/close up pics of my car in direct sunlight or in passive light if people want to see what I'm talking about. In direct sunlight, it's all sparkly and such. In passive light, it is more of a flat maroon colour.
I had a similar colored 2010 Crimson Black Maxima. In sunlight the reds would really pop but on very cloudy overcast days it would almost look black with purples showing in both conditions.
It was a very complex mix of metalflake colors, a true chameleon. I would get tons of complements but vowed never to go with a dark colored car again. A lot of the problem was Nissan's clearcoat being very soft (more so than the S550's) and swirl maintenance with my DA seemed never ending.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also I saw prototype Mach 1 on the street by the time I realized what it was I was looking at I couldn't get the Blasted phone up fast enough to get a picture of it probably should have tried to chase them down but we were late for an appointment
I thought the Mustang looked nice the Prototype I saw on the street looks really good wish I could have got that pic

You saw....WHAT?!? :eyebulge:

Can you describe it? What made you think it would be a Mach 1? :)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Your right. I can barely tell the difference between the two now that you pointed it out!!!
2018-ford-mustang-gt-13-1280x720.jpg
Capture.JPG

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
2018 royal crimson

love that color, That's the one I'm defineately getting:thumbsup:I had a 2003 gt -zinc yellow, 2004 mach1 -azure blue, 2008 Steeda gt-candy apple red with black hood,,2010 Roush 427R-torch red ,2011 GT500 svtpp-race red and with God's blessing the 2018 gt, automatic- royal crimson. That'll be 6 mustangs :ford:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Anyone have a pic of the Azure blue? similar to acupulco blue?:shrug:
There is no Azure Blue. I did state, a few pages back, if they bring out a '19MY Mach 1 in Azure Blue, my bank account would be trouble.

Azure Blue was last seen on the '03/'04 Mach 1. I'd say it's a few shades darker than Grabber Blue :)

mach-1-6-jpg.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Orange Fury spotted out in the wild by a guy I know in Dearborn:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Sponsored