Sponsored

How did you decide on the color of your GT350?

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had the same problem for almost a year. I finally decided on my color/combo without ever seeing one on the road. First time seeing it was the day I picked it up. I was floored when I saw the combo and was very happy with my color choice. Note, this is not a daily for me, so I wanted something a bit more lively.
Grabber vs Lightning

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I had a very hard time deciding on color.

I really wanted Ruby Red, but it wasn't available for 2016.

I also wanted something relatively bright and colorful, but wasn't a fan of red, so was debating between Orange and Yellow.

Ended up going with Yellow, which I really like, but I also sometimes wish I had orange, but really wish Ruby Red was an option when I bought.

In the end, the car looks awesome in every color I've seen, so the decision was quite tricky because the all look so good.

-T

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I bought at the pinnacle of the ADM craze. I didn't care what color as the car looks good in any combo. Mine was an MSRP deal so I took what I could get.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I couldn't decide, so mixed them all together and got black... On a serious note, I don't like seeing a bunch of black plastic, and don't like the black between the taillights so a black car makes it look "right" (and meaner) in my opinion. It also hides the ridiculously poor quality of body panel alignment. It is a joke really, my wife's Accord has perfect gaps, everywhere, and the car is a POS in comparison. The GT350 has a HUGE ½ inch gap in front of the hood with black weatherstrip (won't notice on a black car), and all the gaps everywhere else is anyone's guess, they are mostly all off. My driver side door actually is missing paint where the gap was too tight and the panels rubbed when opening and closing the door. I'm a perfectionist and can't live with them on any color other than black.

This is totally a personal preference, not sure any answers will help you. Try and get something you won't get tired of. No way I could live forever with Grabber Blue or Yellow forever, but think they would be cool for a little while.

Sponsored

voodoo2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Last color was Sonic Blue so this was a no brainer. 1st choice would of been DIB if it was offered for 2017.
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
It was pretty easy for me... :shrug:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I didn't want stripes. I was first interested in MG, but after seeing it on a GT, I changed my mind to AG with a black roof. I liked AG because it was only available on the GT350. After seeing AG, I felt it needed stripes; with the black roof, it needed white stripes. I ended up with Race Red, no stripes and a black Roof. I think the red really offsets all the black trim, as does all the other lighter color like OW, AG, TY and CO. I have a 2016, but for 2017, it would have been a toss-up between RR and GB with a Black roof.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Maybe this will help you OP......and this is with a thick layer of pollen and dirt. I did not get the opportunity to do a full detail yet since i took delivery two weeks ago...hopefully soon. Again not meant to sway your decision....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Too me, you buy a Silver Camry or Accord, but you buy a Grabber Blue or Orange Mustang.....UNLESS you are buying a Shelby and want the classic White or Blue with White or Blue stripes. I got a GHIG Boss and have not one time regretted getting a crazy @$$ color.

Dave

catdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
Went with the classic White/Blue stripe for that Shelby look...
Looked at Red with black stripe (very impressive but too much) and grey with blue stripe (little sad...)
No regrets on white, A lot of thumbs up...

Last edited:

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Man...still can't wait to see a ruby red in person. Looks sharp.

Grabber Blue is my favorite color of all time and that's what my Boss was. The 17's were just coming out and nobody was going to sell one at MSRP it seemed. Even the dealership where I bought my 350.

I had a great trade offer on my Boss and they had a Red and Triple Yellow they'd sell me at MSRP. I love bright colors and really fell in love with the TY while there. Red was nice, but didn't do much for me.

In the end, I also like rarer colors. Grabber Blue was the lowest production color on the Boss and at least for 2016 I believe Triple Yellow is the lowest. She turns heads everywhere. Plus in Georgia, yellow hides the pollen during pollen season.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Man...still can't wait to see a ruby red in person. Looks sharp.

Grabber Blue is my favorite color of all time and that's what my Boss was. The 17's were just coming out and nobody was going to sell one at MSRP it seemed. Even the dealership where I bought my 350.

I had a great trade offer on my Boss and they had a Red and Triple Yellow they'd sell me at MSRP. I love bright colors and really fell in love with the TY while there. Red was nice, but didn't do much for me.

In the end, I also like rarer colors. Grabber Blue was the lowest production color on the Boss and at least for 2016 I believe Triple Yellow is the lowest. She turns heads everywhere. Plus in Georgia, yellow hides the pollen during pollen season.
I had a yellow car once, and it really showed off bloody bug guts. How is the TY with that?

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I had a yellow car once, and it really showed off bloody bug guts. How is the TY with that?
Honestly, I don't really notice any difference from any other color I've owned. I'd say my white Mustang was the worst. Curious to see how bugs do with my Ceramic coating when I get her back on Friday...can't wait!
Sponsored