Sponsored

Oil line recall update with positive dealer experience!

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Spoke to my service guy, he's the only guy allowed to touch Shelby's.He ordered the part with my vin, I broke my foot and couldn't drive her for 8 weeks, he kept everything under lock and key, I got her there and left her, asked him to do oil change and filter, at 1000 miles, did first at 250 second at 500 and now, went to pick her up and he was pissed, we have had fires north of us and the black showed some ash, he sent it for a wash, he rejected it and sent it back again, I told him I was going to take her home and Uber back to get my other car, he said no, he took a guy off line, followed me home, and took me back to get my daily driver, of course I tipped the guy, and made it back to work.
He also invited me to some races on Sunday, with comp tickets
That is great service, everything sounds awesome. I would not however let any dealership wash my car. Touch less or otherwise. Gives me the shivers thinking about what dirty rags, sponges and shammies were used. Even if the car was Ceramic coated...The terror...ok OCD rant of the day completed, sorry for the momentary crazy...
Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
After trying to get my purchasing dealer as well as more than 10 large selling gt350 Chicagoland dealers having no clue about the recall or parts. I went to a friend who owns a small Ford dealership who only got 2 gt350's after I bought mine. They are a family business and performance based. Their service manager not only has changed more of the line recalls than they sold but knew about the filter wrench and other gt350 tidbits. I felt very confident in bringing them my car. They did the recall, oil change, fluid and overall car check and the splitter was on correct! All in less than 2 hours. Thanks Victor Ford in Wauconda! I also purchased a 8 year extended service contract as well from them since they said it exists and they will honor it. I wish Ford would have a better handle on their dealers or qualify them better. Just a shame since I had such a bad experience from my purchasing dealer but Victor Ford to the rescue.
Thank you for the info! Highland Park Ford ordered my lines, but also gave me the warm and fuzzy comment; "We haven't done one of these yet"...

I'm going to call over to Victor Ford and have it done there instead! :cheers:

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
I hope they didn't rotate your tires since tire/wheel sizes are front and rear specific.

Mosgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Had similar positive experience too...in north central nj. Dealer alreAdy had the part in and took half a day, did oil change for basically at cost since they had a service coupon - just basically paid for oil and filter. Service guy was a track guy with miata

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Let me know how yours goes, I was looking to taking it to Victor Ford also, they seem to be the safest choice I think....

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I hope they didn't rotate your tires since tire/wheel sizes are front and rear specific.
They can (and should, periodically) be swapped side to side though. They are not uni-directional.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Anyone have a parts list for the recall fix? I got a note that the lines are in, but I've heard from others that o-rings and a c-clip are needed too. Anything else, or does Ford ship it to the dealer as a kit?

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have had a few people ask me about the dealer I am using and for the benefit of everyone it is:

All American Ford - Old Bridge location - NJ

Bought the car from here and the sales guy was amazing, then after the first service interaction here I can confirm they are amazing also.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Since were naming dealerships. I traded my 2016 teck. pack I'm leasing for 5 years back to the dealership after driving it several months for a 2017 that was the color I originally wanted that they located and leased it for 5 years. They were exceptionally great to work with. And had to have oil line recall done on both vehicles. My 2017 was in the shop less than an hour. They said they only had to take the middle section out of the front splitter to get to it. And since I have a front wheel that is a tad out of round (common on forged wheels) that makes you see a very little wiggle in steering wheel if you let go of it (you don't feel it) tomorrow they are switching out my wheels/tires off the 2016 and putting on the 2017 since the 2016 didn't do it. Only have 3,000 miles on 2016 tires. The dealership has a new owner who is great to talk to and work with so dealership name will change. But right now its Green Country Ford Parsons Kansas

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Me neither. I am old and this is like a last hurrah for me. I could not have afforded the payments otherwise. Ford got both cars done through US Bank. Works for me. I'm 72 so in 5 years I'll just give it back and buy some used car and can say I did the high performance car thing one last time.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Anyone have a parts list for the recall fix? I got a note that the lines are in, but I've heard from others that o-rings and a c-clip are needed too. Anything else, or does Ford ship it to the dealer as a kit?
The new lines come with the o-rings and c-clips already installed. There are a few of those white clips that might get broken when an "R" splitter is removed. But this doesn't apply for non-R models. There is one pushpin that holds the hose bracket to the frame that can be reused. But a new one does come with the kit (see pix).
So if they have the hoses, you should be good to go.
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Bowditch Ford in Newport News, VA did a great job - even for this picky 350 owner. One hour and no issues!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Me neither. I am old and this is like a last hurrah for me. I could not have afforded the payments otherwise. Ford got both cars done through US Bank. Works for me. I'm 72 so in 5 years I'll just give it back and buy some used car and can say I did the high performance car thing one last time.
I spoke with Joe Johnson from Texas recently. He's been tracking Mustangs for years now and is in his eighties. He mentioned knocking off as many tracks as he could from his bucket list and that's across the country. Enjoy this car for years and get another fun ride when the time comes. Keep on truckin' my friend!
Sponsored