Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Will the refresh not have that horrible clunk sound under the ca? Will the EB not be at risk fr a fire? Will the door latches be secure? Will the gas door not spontaneously open??Will there be no paint dimples? Will the clock automatically set withe GPS?
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I am 5' 9" and have sat in the 2018 several times. The hood makes a clear difference for me. Visibility is important to me, one of the reasons I always like my BMW's.
Good to hear!

Thanks,

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I guess it technically is metallic per those pics - but, just casually looking at it in the car show it doesn't seem like it. Looked pretty flat. Not a color I'd pick (orange fury), but kind-of interesting.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I sat in both the '17 and '18 at the Kansas City auto show and there is far less hood in view in the '18 than the '17. I agree with above that when viewed in the same room the '18 does make the '17 look a little stale. Don't want the spoiler though, love the rear end the way it is! :D
Good to have another input regarding better visibility. Personally I'm hoping for "spoiler delete" option with the PP but since my wife likes spoilers and the rear view camera provides backup visibility I'll "accept" the spoiler with no problem. :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I guess it technically is metallic per those pics - but, just casually looking at it in the car show it doesn't seem like it. Looked pretty flat. Not a color I'd pick (orange fury), but kind-of interesting.

Oh, I agree.....I was just being pedantic :)

It's a bit like the Nitrous Blue on the Focus RS.......to me, at 10 paces it looks very much like Grabber Blue and it wasn't until I saw some close up images of one having a paint detail, that I realised it's a metallic finish.

Really need to see these colours in person and out in the open :)

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Will the refresh not have that horrible clunk sound under the ca? Will the EB not be at risk fr a fire? Will the door latches be secure? Will the gas door not spontaneously open??Will there be no paint dimples? Will the clock automatically set withe GPS?
Not being pedantic;

It's Ford. If you want perfection, or something closer, spend $80k on an M4. Seriously, we do have to keep in mind how affordable these cars are, and they're affordable for a reason.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
When I first saw the 15 there was not a single line, angle, or plane on the body that I thought was not well placed except that the grill seemed too high.
My initial reaction to the 18 though was how big, flat, and out of place the area was below the fog light.
Plane1.jpg

It made everything below the headlights seem awkward, especially when viewed more from the side.
Plane2.jpg

The look improves slightly with a darker car or in lower light
Plane3.jpg

But that initial video in yellow in bright sunlight was almost hideous.

Plane4.jpg

When I saw this picture I was OK with 'the slab' because it was starting to look functional and not so out of place.

Plane6.jpg

But this picture of an EB seemed to be playing tricks on me and making the slab look bigger than on a GT.

All is not lost though.
Plane7.jpg

It just takes a few custom touches to make the slab look smaller and more functional.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Oh, I agree.....I was just being pedantic :)

It's a bit like the Nitrous Blue on the Focus RS.......to me, at 10 paces it looks very much like Grabber Blue and it wasn't until I saw some close up images of one having a paint detail, that I realised it's a metallic finish.

Really need to see these colours in person and out in the open :)
Have to see it in person, but based on pictures and testimonials doesn't look like a color I would like. I like a nice burnt orange edging into copper, but this is just a little too orange-orange.

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Will the refresh not have that horrible clunk sound under the ca? Will the EB not be at risk fr a fire? Will the door latches be secure? Will the gas door not spontaneously open??Will there be no paint dimples? Will the clock automatically set withe GPS?[/QUOTE

Yes:thumbsup:

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
The more i see it the more i like it. But i was the same way when the 15 came out. Its kinda like the s197 change from 12 to 13. I like the 12 front and 13 rear. With the s550 so far i like the 15-17 front and the 18 rear(less the spoiler)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2018 mustang china launch

Sorry to say this fella's but the 2018 looks better than the 2015 did at the same time in its reveal. Man does the '18 look good!

Like I said, it is hard to compare a 1965 to a 1968 and that's basically what happened here. The "Classic" look is fading away, the S197 is finally departing the design and they delivered on the engine.
Sponsored