Sponsored

Headers and Full Exhaust

GARBZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Looking at getting the borla s type 3'' catback paired with a set of kooks catted lt headers. I want the car to be pretty loud but I dont want it to drone or sound too loud that it sounds like shit. I was originally gunna go with the corsa catback with the kooks headers but after watching a few youtube videos I'm afraid that it might be too loud. I love the sound and tone but worried about the overall noise. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions that you may have.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The full arh setup with cats and h-pipe sounds great. Not too loud from the videos I've seen and no drone according to the owners.

I get mine installed on friday, so then I'll have some first hand input.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
The full arh setup with cats and h-pipe sounds great. Not too loud from the videos I've seen and no drone according to the owners.

I demand videos in the ARH thread in 5.0 forum

OP
OP

GARBZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yea I looked into getting the full ARH system..it's definitely a better bang for you buck and I actually think it sounds the best out of everything I've watched on YouTube however I'm curious to see how the performance is with it? I've talked to some people and they said that kooks may not sound the best but for performance they're top notch because they're not a true long tube header there more of a mid length. I really don't know how true any of this is it could just be biased but if your getting a dyno tune keep me posted on the numbers cause if it's around the same that's what I will be getting as well :D

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Looking at getting the borla s type 3'' catback paired with a set of kooks catted lt headers. I want the car to be pretty loud but I dont want it to drone or sound too loud that it sounds like shit. I was originally gunna go with the corsa catback with the kooks headers but after watching a few youtube videos I'm afraid that it might be too loud. I love the sound and tone but worried about the overall noise. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions that you may have.
You probably saw the video of the Corsa with off-road headers (no cats). I also have the Corsa and plan on getting headers, but gonna go with the catted because it was just too loud for myself.

The cats definitely cut some of the noise, but it just depends on how loud you want it.

Find an exhaust with no drone +catted headers and you'll be happy overall with the result.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP

Love mine! Lots of compliments. I don't have the cats so possibly a little louder than a catted system. I think Beefcake did a back to back test with ARH and possibly SW systems and they were basically the same power wise. For price they were actually a little more when I bought than the Kooks but that may have changed.
P.S. They are loud on cold start and under throttle load but calm down significantly at a cruise.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the full arh is a nice sounding setup, lots of nice brands out there, we can help you out with about all of them, just gotta decide the sound you want

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I have that exact same set up.

Cold start-up is loud...it will wake the dead...but only for 20 to 25 seconds until it idles to to normal. After that, idle is pretty quiet. It almost sounds like the car is really really mad that you woke it up.

Full throttle is wake the dead loud as well. Its probably like that on any headers (catted or non) + catback, although a catless set-up probably sounds like a jet plane all the time.

When the car is warmed up and you keep it 50% below full throttle, its not too loud through out the rpm range. You should shift early and throtle lightly if you're around Johnny Law.

I've had it on for almost a month now and it actually has gotten a little bit quieter...that and I'm getting used to it and know how to drive it without unleashing hell on people behind me.

Oh...and wide open throttle is glorious when you want to hear it. I don't find any drone although everything is a little louder across the rev range, but I didn't find that the Borla-S had any drone before too.

OP
OP

GARBZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have that exact same set up.

Cold start-up is loud...it will wake the dead...but only for 20 to 25 seconds until it idles to to normal. After that, idle is pretty quiet. It almost sounds like the car is really really mad that you woke it up.

Full throttle is wake the dead loud as well. Its probably like that on any headers (catted or non) + catback, although a catless set-up probably sounds like a jet plane all the time.

When the car is warmed up and you keep it 50% below full throttle, its not too loud through out the rpm range. You should shift early and throtle lightly if you're around Johnny Law.

I've had it on for almost a month now and it actually has gotten a little bit quieter...that and I'm getting used to it and know how to drive it without unleashing hell on people behind me.

Oh...and wide open throttle is glorious when you want to hear it. I don't find any drone although everything is a little louder across the rev range, but I didn't find that the Borla-S had any drone before too.
Awesome, anyway you could post a video of your set up?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Awesome, anyway you could post a video of your set up?
I don't have any videos of my car currently. Let me see what I can do this weekend.

Don't know if the videos will do it justice. I've watched header / exhaust videos online of friends cars and it doesn't capture the real sound at all.

Sponsored

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got a full 3inch exhaust with 1&7/8 headers and 100cell cats and cai and tune done.

Couple of vids in links below.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline

Kooks catted + Corsa Extreme FTW :headbang::cool:

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Full ARH setup is not loud at all unless really in the gas and cold starts. I have the 1-7/8 off road long tubes to h pipe and ARH cat back. I would actually like it to be a little louder but I'm satisfied overall.

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I would try the new AWE Touring there's a member here who installed it on his car with headers and it sounds good.
Sponsored