Sponsored

Good insurance for S550

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Yep. I won't ever use USAA insurance again after having the same experience, in terms of customer service. When I informed them that I was switching to Geico, the phone rep told me Geico got bought out 6 months prior and that they would not honor my quoted price without me writing to corporate and getting a legally binding contract. Then he wouldn't cancel my policy until I provided proof of new insurance, he said.
When they kept asking me what coverage I was getting because clearly the other company was scamming me, I let them know that the coverage was higher with a lower deductible. The conversation ended soon after.

As people have mentioned, you really do need to shop around no matter how loyal you think your insurance carrier is to you. When I was 23, all the major carriers gave me astronomically high quotes when I purchased my '99 Vette. USAA gave me the only rate that made the vehicle feasible. I guess after getting married, buying a house, getting older, better credit, etc has really changed the playing field for me. I still got quotes as low as 200 a month to as high as 600 a month for the same coverage with different companies. (for multiple vehicles, fyi. Also, we pay no-fault rates in MI....awesome).

EDIT: to answer the OP's actual question: everyone seems to have different customer service experiences with the same companies. I switched to AAA after realizing that my parents have used them for decades. To no fault of their own, my parents have been hit several times in the last ten years. AAA has made their claim process relatively easy and they haven't really seen rate increases for their no-faults.
Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Kemper works fine for me with high liability limits and $1000 deductibles. Annual policy (not 6 months), I’ll see how renewal looks this summer