breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Opening this back up instead of starting a new thread... first post. Just purchased my 2016 a month ago!

I have this exact same squeak - brought it to the dealer today and they said they couldn't hear it. I brought it back to my office (2 mins away) and turned the fan on with FORScan with the engine off and the thing squeaked the entire time. I'm thinking over the sound of the engine running they couldn't hear it very well and didn't bother trying to use IDS to run the fan with the car off. He had the HVAC set on LO so I assume he was trying to get the fan to run with the AC...

I'm taking it in back in the morning.
Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Just noticed the other day that mine started doing this again. Already had it replaced once less than a year ago! Grrr

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Just noticed the other day that mine started doing this again. Already had it replaced once less than a year ago! Grrr
It's normal fan motor brush noise for the model of Bosch fans used...it does not affect the performance, durability, or long term performance of the system. In other words, it's nothing to worry about.

lilgdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Mine does only for a few seconds when engine is turned off. Other than that, I have not noticed it much. More annoying than anything. But I still have warranty, the car is gone once I get close to the warranty expiring, only 12k miles to go...

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Same noise. Doesn't happen at all when the fan is actually running, just for a few seconds as you can hear it slow down after turning the car off.

I figure it's nothing to worry about whatsoever unless it's squeaking or rattling while it's actually on.

Sponsored

tjf37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 OW Mustang GT
Ive had mine replaced 3 times, and its there for a 4th time now. Ford has no solution for this still.

tjf37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 OW Mustang GT
[MENTION=23698]Commbubba19[/MENTION] it will come back I promise.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=23698]Commbubba19[/MENTION] it will come back I promise.
there is a post on fb where a guy has had it replaced like 4 times. he's saying it's effecting actual engine cooling.

I personally haven't seen that issue.

The fan also runs alot less often since i installed the lower tstat.

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
So mine just started today. With my warranty expiring in a few weeks I'm thinking about just taking it in.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So mine just started today. With my warranty expiring in a few weeks I'm thinking about just taking it in.
Might as well. I was hoping they'd figure out the supplier issue at some point and get good ones in, but I was wrong on my first swap out. Might do another swap on it when I bring it in for the recall but I too will have to get it done before my warranty expires in January!
Sponsored