Illinois-Chicago

Jim2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 gtpp m6
Thanks for the info! Can any Ford dealer install it or does it have to be specific dealerships in order to maintain our factory warranty?
From glancing over the 165 page thread in the bolt on section, any ASE mechanic can install PP 1,2,3 and you will have a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty from the ORIGANAL date of purchase, voiding the 5yr/50,000 warranty.
Lot of people had different opinion on the warranty part.
Sponsored

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Update on my spring issue:

So I was trying to find ways to fix the clunking noise from the springs that were installed by Renner. Took it to half a dozen shops and bought my own tools but nothing worked. Everything was tight as it is and the only option that was left was to take it apart and re-install. I was always hesitant to go this route because I didn't want to spend twice for the same work.

I stumbled over a thread on this forum where people had similar issues. Basically it was the springs slapping each other that led to this noise and they were able to fix it by covering them with spring silencers and they were only $6 for a pair. I gave them a try and the noise is now completely gone.

The problem is the springs and not Renner's installation. Not sure what the spring rates are but Steeda needs to rectify this problem.

My ignorance coupled with frustration led me to thinking the springs weren't installed right and I owe an apology to him for defamation and trash talking.

I also appreciate his patience for dealing with me this long.

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
You at least you had the balls and admitted your mistake, glad everything worked out for both of you guys. Thanks for posting this, it's a huge relief to hear that. Good luck to both of you Black&Renner:cheers:

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Update on my spring issue:

So I was trying to find ways to fix the clunking noise from the springs that were installed by Renner. Took it to half a dozen shops and bought my own tools but nothing worked. Everything was tight as it is and the only option that was left was to take it apart and re-install. I was always hesitant to go this route because I didn't want to spend twice for the same work.

I stumbled over a thread on this forum where people had similar issues. Basically it was the springs slapping each other that led to this noise and they were able to fix it by covering them with spring silencers and they were only $6 for a pair. I gave them a try and the noise is now completely gone.

The problem is the springs and not Renner's installation. Not sure what the spring rates are but Steeda needs to rectify this problem.

My ignorance coupled with frustration led me to thinking the springs weren't installed right and I owe an apology to him for defamation and trash talking.

I also appreciate his patience for dealing with me this long.
Glad to see you fixed your issue. Thank you for resolving this on the thread. I treat my customers cars as my own and put in a lot more time and effort on each job than I charge for.

If anyone needs work done, please visit me.
www.rennersgarage.com
www.facebook.com/Rennersgarage

Just a home based shop run by a guy who loves working on cars...nothing fancy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see you fixed your issue. Thank you for resolving this on the thread. I treat my customers cars as my own and put in a lot more time and effort on each job than I charge for.

If anyone needs work done, please visit me.
www.rennersgarage.com
www.facebook.com/Rennersgarage

Just a home based shop run by a guy who loves working on cars...nothing fancy.
And helps complete people's cars with great deals on his S550 stuff :headbang:

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone around here switching to their summer tires yet? I'm really itching to get the winter tires off and try out my new staggered setup!
2017-03-19_09-32-54.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone around here switching to their summer tires yet? I'm really itching to get the winter tires off and try out my new staggered setup!
Switched yesterday. You'll be ok, just take it easy in the mornings when it's chilly.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, I think so too. I guess that's one of the negatives of not having AS tires anymore. Theres the time of year were it just starts to get too warm for Winters and they feel like there being eaten by the street, and the summer tires aren't going to warm up enough to feel comfortable putting power down. I'm just going to have to be careful with the downshift into 4th at 75 on the highway, could spin it... LOL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully some of you hear this beast blasting around the west 'burbs! Hot damn I love how it sounds now:

[ame]

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds Really good man! Corsa sounds much racier than my Borlas

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds Really good man! Corsa sounds much racier than my Borlas
Thanks! It's similar in volume to the S-type catback. The S-type is definitely deeper but also has quite a bit more interior volume (not drone though).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did a couple burnouts to break in the tires, no wheel hop at all which surprised me, maybe because there's not enough grip yet. Got to say I am really happy with how they look, wider tires pushed the tires out and filled the wheel wells properly. Wheels and tires make the car!
2017-03-19_19-27-03.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! They sit perfect. Agreed that wheels and tires totally change the car.

Now time for some light suspension stuff to make it really come alive!
Sponsored