HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Honestly, watching the video, I don't think it would've made a bit of difference if there was a dashed line instead of a double yellow... that focus was moving over the line themselves... :shrug:
I think you are missing the point that drivers can not possibly know the reasons for things like why there is no passing in places.

In this case it could easily be because of the side roads. Someone regularly using those roads and knowing there is (rightfully so) no passing there could easily assume they need only check to the left before turning right onto the highway because there could not be anyone driving on the wrong side of the road.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree with you 100% about the crazy risk I took. But I had no time to figure out what else to do as the guy suddenly swerved all the way in my direction. I was just passing him on the left like everyone else. I had no time to go around him on the right, he really threw me off and I really wanted to keep moving, not slam on the brakes in the middle of the road...I had more than a dozen mustangs behind me
The station wagon was already crossing the yellow line as the Mustang in front was in the middle of its pass, parallel to the station wagon. Seeing that, you should have braked. Your sig does list PP Brembos. Use them! If there wasn't enough time to decide, then next time leave 50-100 yards between cars. One car passing a slow car at a time.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
So many cotton tops clogging the on ramp to the freeway so I like to turn from the outside lane and accelerate ahead of the group. However, I always have to be on the lookout for people on the inside lane drifting wide or occasionally just turning into a parking lot.

[ame]

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Yep. One of my pet peeves are people on the inside lane of a 2 lane left hand turn intersection that think they can drift over into any lane they choose.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So many cotton tops clogging the on ramp to the freeway so I like to turn from the outside lane and accelerate ahead of the group. However, I always have to be on the lookout for people on the inside lane drifting wide or occasionally just turning into a parking lot.
I can't stand when people do this. If you knew you needed to make a right into the gas station after the turn, use the rightmost turn lane. It isn't rocket science.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I can't stand when people do this. If you knew you needed to make a right into the gas station after the turn, use the rightmost turn lane. It isn't rocket science.
Potato, Potahto. Its just as annoying when people like the Mustang cut across several lanes mid turn. I mean both the truck and the Mustang were in the same lane in the middle of the turn because the Mustang switched lanes mid turn (without signalling). So the truck driver was making a turn, looked in his mirror and saw the Mustang in the same lane as him and may have thought there was no problem to move into the lane the Mustang had vacated.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I was in the car directly behind Kat. The car did turn off onto the dirt road, but I suspect it was just coincidence that dirt road was there. I thought for sure I was witnessing an accident in progress because you could not fit the width of a tennis shoe between her car and the Focus when she made it by. :shocked: It definitely raised the hair on the back of my neck when it happened.
I'm guessing they finally realized they were doing something dangerous and went ahead and turned off to get out of the way.

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black

Watching you make that turn, I don't think you have any room to be criticizing other peoples driving. You didn't maintain your lane either.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Watching you make that turn, I don't think you have any room to be criticizing other peoples driving. You didn't maintain your lane either.
I was in the appropriate lane, the dash cam is mounted right of RVM so it makes the lane markings look offset.

Now that business after he slots in front of me? That's just me being as ass.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
People wait too long to get in the correct lanes, and then can't get over. Or they're unfamiliar with the area... or they're morons. Those are the 3 main reasons why people aren't in the correct lane. It's infuriating.

His turn was fine. I'm sure if there was traffic directly next to him, I'm sure he would've maintained his lane around the dashed lines.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Agreed. He seems to be one of the few drivers that is fully aware of his surroundings, unlike the pickup truck driver.
Sponsored