Sponsored

Header to Resonator Crazy Neck Down

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So I just purchased Stainless Works catted headers and a Borla 2.5" Touring cat back exhaust with the Borla resonator. In order to mate these two systems up, I was advised that I needed Stainless Work's factory connect system. Both products arrived this week and look great but I am a bit concerned with the huge neck down where they meet at the resonator!

The headers are 3" so it obviously need to reduce but it reduces to 2.25" OD. Then the Borla resonator starts with 2.25" inlet and then increases to 2.5" (on the same side of the resonator). It's supposed to use the factory 2.25" coupler but it seems like an unnecessary bottle neck.

I understand each component is designed this way because they are intended to be used with the factory counterpart. Is there something I can do to easily eliminate the neck down or should I not worry about it??? Seems like this could rob me of some precious HP :D Any advice?
untitled (6).png
untitled (5).png
Sponsored

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
Just use factory clamps and you will be ok.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Probably very minimal impact. I ran mine with factor clamps for a year or more, and then I had resonated x installed by a shop in Phoenix who modified the the resonator to run 3" in and out of the case but still a 2.5 internal x

OP
OP
Howler5.O

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I guess I won't worry about it too much and if it bothers me too much I can have it modified to reduce to 2.5" without the bottleneck later on. I'm excited to get it on and hear her roar!

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
This would not have a much impact on FI engine but in NA form this just robs a lot of power. Had very similar issue with Kooks - check my signature link for more info about it.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just think of it increasing the exhaust velocity, like a taper in a sheet metal intake manifold. You'll be fine with the majority of bolt on's.
Sponsored