Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted mine in a while. Got the Roush hood scoop and window scoop's on the other day. Love this color in the sun.

8NCFABW.jpg

l1x547E.jpg

ChqLEra.jpg

KlLjOV0.jpg
pics are not showing?

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Crap. Forgot that this forum doesn't like imgur. Pics fixed above.
Man, that looks awesome! Glad you fixed the pictures! I don't know if you remember me, but I had a conversation with you last year about the Dark Saddle interior. I ended up finding a 2016 GT Deep Impact Blue with the Saddle interior. Best decision I've made in a long time. Tons of compliments on the color and interior combination. Really like your rims as well, what brand are those? Will be on my list of mods after the basics (exhaust, lowering springs, etc..) are done this spring...

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Man, that looks awesome! Glad you fixed the pictures! I don't know if you remember me, but I had a conversation with you last year about the Dark Saddle interior. I ended up finding a 2016 GT Deep Impact Blue with the Saddle interior. Best decision I've made in a long time. Tons of compliments on the color and interior combination. Really like your rims as well, what brand are those? Will be on my list of mods after the basics (exhaust, lowering springs, etc..) are done this spring...
I do remember! Glad you went with the same combo I have. Kick ass. I still get comments on the color of both. 2 years later, I'm still in love with this thing and every time I get in it. It's just a nice place to be.

Wheels are just the ecoboost performance pack 19's. I wasn't in love with them at first, but really liked the option of having black 19's from factory. I knew I'd probably never get around to buying wheels. They've grown on me a lot now though.

Lowering springs and spacers are the first thing I did to the car. When you see your car lowered in person, you'll be mad you didn't do it sooner.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I do remember! Glad you went with the same combo I have. Kick ass. I still get comments on the color of both. 2 years later, I'm still in love with this thing and every time I get in it. It's just a nice place to be.

Wheels are just the ecoboost performance pack 19's. I wasn't in love with them at first, but really liked the option of having black 19's from factory. I knew I'd probably never get around to buying wheels. They've grown on me a lot now though.

Lowering springs and spacers are the first thing I did to the car. When you see your car lowered in person, you'll be mad you didn't do it sooner.
Thanks! I wish I could have went with different wheels at purchase time, but wasn't in the cards. I love the simplicity and clean look of the black rims with the classic 5 spoke look, even with your double lines it looks nice and clean and the red calipers really stand out! thanks for the reinforcement on the lowering springs.. first vehicle i've done this with.. a bit nervous, but everyone confirms it will be awesome when finished.. temps are slowly climbing here...hoping for above 40 degrees to get it out of storage. it's been a very very long winter!
My build journal is here if you want to check it out...
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1606426#post1606426

Last edited:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Haven't posted mine in a while. Got the Roush hood scoop and window scoop's on the other day. Love this color in the sun.
fm895k.jpg
I like the extra red pinstripe to match the calipers. BTW, don't you have to place number/registration plates on the front of your cars in the USA?

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
I like the extra red pinstripe to match the calipers. BTW, don't you have to place number/registration plates on the front of your cars in the USA?
Thanks! The plate on the front is state to state, but yes most require it to be on the front. I live in Texas, where you ARE required to have it but most cops don't nail you for it. I have been pulled over in this car once, and twice in my last one and they never said anything about no plate. Could be lucky though.

Sponsored

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! The plate on the front is state to state, but yes most require it to be on the front. I live in Texas, where you ARE required to have it but most cops don't nail you for it. I have been pulled over in this car once, and twice in my last one and they never said anything about no plate. Could be lucky though.
I am in CA and I never ran a front plate on my car and one night I was cruising down the freeway and I got pulled over. I knew the cop was around and was eventually riding my tail so I wasn't speeding or anything and he still got me.

He ended up giving me tickets for my window tints (such bullshit) and another one for not having the front plate. This led to me frantically trying to get my sto and sho bracket on the car last night so I can get the fix it ticket signed off by a cop. Very annoying but I did make it about a year without getting nailed. :shrug:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am in CA and I never ran a front plate on my car and one night I was cruising down the freeway and I got pulled over. I knew the cop was around and was eventually riding my tail so I wasn't speeding or anything and he still got me.

He ended up giving me tickets for my window tints (such bullshit) and another one for not having the front plate. This led to me frantically trying to get my sto and sho bracket on the car last night so I can get the fix it ticket signed off by a cop. Very annoying but I did make it about a year without getting nailed. :shrug:
yeah, I have heard those stories too....Most don't get bothered, but if you do...it's pricey.I purchased the quick release model vs the sto and go as I heard the sto and go springs get weak after a while and don't hold up. Cost me approx $65 for the part, but looks good and I figure I won't be bothered by that now... The window tints also vary as to what is legal... did the cop have a window tint meter to check? I heard they need to verify before citation is given...

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB

What tint lever is on your door windows?
We all know the front plate and tint laws (NO tint legal on front door windows or windshield in CA), so we take the risks we are comfortable with. My tint guy told me that 50% tint on front doors will 'usually' not attract a ticket. You go 35%, your risk increases (and room to cal BS lessens ;o). Those that do 5% limo tint on the front doors, IMO, are asking to be stopped (as well as those who tint the entire windshield, not just top strip).

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What tint lever is on your door windows?
We all know the front plate and tint laws (NO tint legal on front door windows or windshield in CA), so we take the risks we are comfortable with. My tint guy told me that 50% tint on front doors will 'usually' not attract a ticket. You go 35%, your risk increases (and room to cal BS lessens ;o). Those that do 5% limo tint on the front doors, IMO, are asking to be stopped (as well as those who tint the entire windshield, not just top strip).
From what I have been told it seems that 70% tint is legal on the driver and passenger side windows. Of course I have 35% which I don't think is too dark but of course the law is the law and I was pulled over at night which makes it seem even darker.

I call BS because I am just mad I got pulled over for such a silly reason, I wasn't endangering anybody and I think cops should only be there for our protection, not to give us tickets for (what I think) are BS reasons. Hopefully the cop won't show up to trial, otherwise I will have to pay to have the tint removed and then replaced with something a little lighter. Or if the fine is less than having new tints put on I will just pay it and move on.:headbonk:

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Geez, that light? 25% for the front is the darkest legal in Texas. Back windows can go as dark as you want.
Sponsored