Sponsored

convertible wind deflector

bryan2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, Black GT Convertible, 6 speed manual
Hey, has anyone purchased the convertible wind deflector from lovethedrive.com or similar? If so, what are thoughts? Does it make a big difference worth the expense? Thanks
Sponsored

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
yes its expensive and other options are few but it works and makes the car more enjoyable and lets you take to top down in cooler weather .

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
It works well, the problem was, although there is some tough black tape at the contacts points on trim, there is some play even if you tight the belts very hard. So it tends to worn the car trim. I added some black tape on the trim to protect it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have one on the way, thanx to another member. :D. Looking forward to using it. :thumbsup:

vder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Fox Body, 16 Mustang GT Vert, 22 Explorer ST
Works great!! Put some black tape on the trim for protection.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
If you have the upgraded woofer in your mustang, the LoveMyDrive won't fit in the trunk.

Is that true (read it on this site..)?

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I have the 402 package. But i m not sure but once time i put the deflector in my trunk and it fits . Just unscrew the side fixation. May be someone else can confirm.
But it s not so wide, it take the place between the two plastic parts that hide the roof mechanism between the seats So you could measure it and see

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
If you have the upgraded woofer in your mustang, the LoveMyDrive won't fit in the trunk.

I have one on the way. Bad weather is preventing delivery....:doh:. But as soon as I get it, I will let ya know.:D (If someone hasn't definitely answered your question prior.):shrug:

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic

I'm not sure what the upgraded woofer is, but mine has the woofer in the right corner and yes it will fit in trunk.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'm not sure what the upgraded woofer is, but mine has the woofer in the right corner and yes it will fit in trunk.

Thanks for the reply... I don't know why the other person on here said it would not fit.

I found it hard to believe anyway... after looking at the video they might have figured it would not fit unless you unscrew the two side pieces.... which they show you must do in the video.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
On the front corners of the windscreen it has two arms that fold out that go in the seatbelt cutout. You just have to fold them in.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just put mine in my trunk.....

Well these pics will answer any questions about the fitting of the Love-To-Drive deflector in a trunk with a sub.

Last edited:

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
There's also the wind restrictor (plexiglass) option. They don't come w/ the piece over the the back seat, but can still fit passengers in the back. I think it's a good trade-off for a little more relative convenience. Deflectors are also great for when you have passengers (or if you yourself) who have long hair.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1119710&postcount=75

33219189402_4a9771f8c0_h.jpg

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Thanks for the reply... I don't know why the other person on here said it would not fit.

I found it hard to believe anyway... after looking at the video they might have figured it would not fit unless you unscrew the two side pieces.... which they show you must do in the video.
That was me. My bad. Looking at it today I think I must have missed the space under the fuel door.
Sponsored