Sponsored

Base or Premium GT

Which 2017 Ford Mustang GT would you buy?

• Base

Votes: 67 29.6%
  • Premium

Votes: 159 70.4%

• Total voters

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to a trim level that's on par with the car. The base trim is crappy, no other way to say it nicely. Might as well get all the creature comforts considering the average person is in their car for almost 38,000 hours in their lifetime. Make it an enjoyable 38,000 hours.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to a trim level that's on par with the car.
Retarded statement. Anything less than the highest premium trim is garbage if we're going to pretend this is a luxury car, which it is not. it's a performance car and as such it makes more logical sense to focus on performance. Even in my 50th Anniversary 2015 with the upgraded premium interior the leather was clearly cheap.

The base trim is very nice in terms of what you get for a base car. Especially compared to previous gens.

Your statement would make more sense if you were talking about the engine choice, which is ironic.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
NutriSystem here I come ...

The projector pony is standard on all premium models. Everyone is just going to tell u to get what they have. What is it that you want?

The leather seats look nice but are not as comfortable. Cloth seats are never cold and never hot. Also the leather in my 2015 had a butt print in it by 10k miles and I only weigh 195
I weigh about the same - so NutriSystem and the gym here I come. :lol:
NO MORE ... :cheers: :tsk:
I hate butt prints. :mad:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I knew the Premium was worth every penny when I took it for a ride in the hot August weather and the AC in the perforated leather seats cooled my balls. OMG that was the best feeling ever.

I like all the others features as well :)

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Poll results confirm ....

Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to a trim level that's on par with the car. The base trim is crappy, no other way to say it nicely. Might as well get all the creature comforts considering the average person is in their car for almost 38,000 hours in their lifetime. Make it an enjoyable 38,000 hours.
My thoughts exactly. Sometime its not always how fast you go but how you get there (enjoy the ride).

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just traded in my premium ecoboost and got a 17 GT base PP. If you daily the car a lot and care about leather and other creature comforts then id get a premium. The reasons why i went to base was one price about 5k cheaper haha also i figured out i would rather have a lighter more bare car because i don't really need the extra options. I have a set of fixed corbeau bucket seats and rear seat delete from my old car that I installed. Only thing that bugs me about the base is the rear bumpers but that's easily remedied, I've already picked up a premium bumper from local dealership and just need to get it painted now.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Retarded statement. Anything less than the highest premium trim is garbage if we're going to pretend this is a luxury car, which it is not. it's a performance car and as such it makes more logical sense to focus on performance. Even in my 50th Anniversary 2015 with the upgraded premium interior the leather was clearly cheap.

The base trim is very nice in terms of what you get for a base car. Especially compared to previous gens.

Your statement would make more sense if you were talking about the engine choice, which is ironic.
I always thought of it more as a grand tourer since its right in the name. That should include a nice balance of performance and luxery which the premium model does. As a grand tourer, I think the base model comes up way too short for the name.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just from reading the last page of posts.

First, it's not leather, it's vinyl. And it's cheap. And it doesn't wear well.

Yes, these are supposed to be a luxury car. They're GTs, which stands for Grand Touring. The idea behind a Grand Touring car is two people, in comfort, luxury, performance and safety at high speeds. It's driving 200 miles for a week-end get-away, at 120MPH for a few hours to your destination. The PP cars can do that a lot better, except for the gearing, they need a 7SPD transmission.

Having said that, I bought a base GT. But my next car (4th Mustang in a row) will be a Premium GT. Despite the fact the "leather" seats are shit, I miss the better stereo, dash colors, and the over-all feel of it.

Last edited:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
which is better for resale?
base? or premium?
if you are going premium, don't forget the premier option for softer leather

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
In before this degenerates to an auto vs manual type thread! Whoops to late!:D

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I wanted cloth seats so that made the decision for me. Wish ford would offer some of the other options a la carte though

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
J

First, it's not leather, it's vinyl. And it's cheap. And it doesn't wear well.

Yes, these are supposed to be a luxury car. They're GTs, which stands for Grand Touring.

Despite the fact the "leather" seats are shit
They're certainly a far cry better than the leatherette in the 2015 Jetta I had.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I wanted the premium, but i could not find one. I wanted Performance package and Recaros seats and in black. I could not find a mustang without special order, with all 4. So i got PP,Recaros, Black and 0% interest, plus money off so the deal i could not pass up. Touch Screen does not matter to me, id rather have a popup screen like audi or bmw with a knob. Stereo does suck though.
I do wish i had premium just to get the gt350 rear valance, which no one knew beforehand when i bought it.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Get what you want and what your wallet can handle.

All the stuff is nice but some self control is good otherwise you will spend a stupid amount on the car.
Sponsored